I Need Help With My Cat, Smokey.

Cmoney

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, i'm new to this but my cat, Smokey is always grumpy but when he was a kitten he always wanted to cuddle into me a lot and he doesn't like my mom, step-dad, and my 2 sisters. But right now he keeps hiding, he won't eat or drink etc. I'm worried about him everyday, what can I do to help him? please help me make him better he's been acting weird lately. :( He's only 3 years old and we have 6 cats all together and 2 dogs. I'm trying really hard to help him but everytime I try he attacks my other cats and the dogs when their near me. I don't want my mom to get rid of him. I am not losing him like I lost my first Smokey but he had cancer and he was 8 years old. :headshake:

FelisCatus

RIP </3
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi there, without a vet assessment this could be anything...

-are all of the cats neutered/spayed?
-does he have arthritis? Each step could be causing him pain and he is redirecting
-do you have pheromone diffusers around the house?
-does he get bullied by the other cats/dogs?
-is he an indoor/outdoor cat? Could be parasites

FelisCatus

RIP </3
Super Cat
Purraise
That’s most likely the cause then, although they may have lived together for ~3 years you should try and introduce them to each other as if they have never met before:

Introducing Cats To Cats

Also, the pheromone diffuser would probably help in this situation (not guaranteed).

FelisCatus

RIP </3
Super Cat
Purraise
If you have any questions or concerns along the way, don’t hesitate to come back and ask :)!

The main point of the reintroduction is to show Smokey JR that Smokey is not a threat.

I forgot to ask how many litter boxes do you have? For 6 cats you should have 6 litter boxes (plus one) so 7.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cmoney

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh I forgot to mention that Smokey has been throwing up bleed the other day. But today he hasn't but he still won't eat or drink, etc.

FelisCatus

RIP </3
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh I forgot to mention that Smokey has been throwing up bleed the other day. But today he hasn't but he still won't eat or drink, etc.
That’s a different story, he needs to be taken to the vet ASAP then. Smokey JR might be attacking Smokey because they can sense the sickness.

FelisCatus

RIP </3
Super Cat
Purraise
Check out this article for your options:

No Money For Vet Care? How To Find Help And Save Your Cat's Life

Smokey throwing up blood sounds like a life threatening issue. If none of the options in the article work for you at the very at least you will need to consider surrendering him so he gets the help he needs. If not he will most likely die from this. Throwing up blood could be quite a number of things from cuts inside his stomach to poisoning.

Cmoney

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'll look at it later because I'm in class right now.
I'm just working on my Peggy's Cove poster project. But thanks for giving me the website for it.

Cmoney

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
well I don't know exactly but I think it was the other dry ffod he's been eating. We got new food and he loves it.

FelisCatus

RIP </3
Super Cat
Purraise
well I don't know exactly but I think it was the other dry ffod he's been eating. We got new food and he loves it.
It could have been a variety of things then... allergic reaction, bad manufacturing, etc.

Glad they are better now though.

:petcat:

Cmoney

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
yeah me too, I was really worried about him at first but now I know that I don't have to be worried anymore because he's feeling better.:)

:bluecat:

Cmoney

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi again, sorry i haven't been on a lot but my cat, Smokey is a lot better but he's still grumpy sometimes but I give him lots of attention and he purrs a lot more then he did.