I Need Advice Asap For Stray Mother And Kittens

Tami cuevas

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The stay cat i feed had babies or a baby in the house i had made her to have shelter. It is a giant dog carrier , but i have it all covered from so the inside didnt get wet. She was living outside of an old man's house about 7 houses up from me but started spending more and more time here. I need to know if i should peel some layers back and look inside to see if there ok. And won't all her pregnancy liquid be all over where the babies are laying. If I make another house thats dry, will she move them..im so sad for her

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Is there any way you can borrow a camera to see if she's entering your box? I mean, rather than disturbing her? Or take the chance and do a quick peek...
She might use a dry box, no real way to know, but might be worth a try.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tami cuevas

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Is there any way you can borrow a camera to see if she's entering your box? I mean, rather than disturbing her? Or take the chance and do a quick peek...
She might use a dry box, no real way to know, but might be worth a try.
She is definetly coming out to be pet and eat as fast a

Tami cuevas

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes she is definetly going in her house and coming out to eat as fast as she can and then she hears something and runs back in. And her belly isn't as big as it was last night. But i dont hear any squealing, is that ok

trudy1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So if it’s a carrier can you or with someone’s help lift it? From your messages it sounds like you might be willing to bring her in? Is so, maybe you could close the opening with something and bring her in. Sounds like you’re a momma!
Lot more expertise than I have about kittens and such on this forum who will post, I’m sure.

Tami cuevas

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
There's four babies in her shelter. She's covered from wind and rain but its still only 40 degrees here in New York and im worried. Is it safe to run a heating pad out my window in her shelter or she will keep them warm. She's being very good to them and there not making a sound.

Last edited by a moderator:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
She will be able to keep them warm as long as she's fed --for her own body heat. I think I'd hold off on an electric product but you could see if she'll allow you to put a pet bed that has thermal material in it if it gets much colder. I'm sorry, I didn't get an alert that you'd posted again, hang in there!