I Need A Routine For My 3 Cats

moan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi, good evening :redheartpump:

I have an issue with my 3 cats, and I need some tips to follow:

1) How to provide enough food for them and what are the right times to put the food? and the amount?
2) How to avoid the stinky smell, since am using one big litter box, and should I provide 3 boxes?
3) last but not least, what are the best companies for food?

I really need a full routine :alright: . .

bonepicker

Animal Lover Extraordinare
Top Cat
Purraise
One litter box per cat plus one per floor
3 cats one floor 4 boxes scoop clumps min daily, use clumping litter
I have two cats, one floor and 3 boxes. One at each end of house and one in middle

Last edited:

bonepicker

Top Cat
Purraise
How old are cats? What are they used to eating? I feed canned only morning and evening and a snack before bed I feed 3 oz per cat twice a day with purebites freeze dried chicken treats, my cats are 7 and 9. Younger cats or kittens like more meals per day. I feed a set amount and they eat it all up, I leave nothing out, no dry!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

moan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
1.5 y.o , and two cats "6 months old"
I feed them canned food also twice a day and I provide them with dry food for the rest of the day

moan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
+ I used to cook for them chickens but two of them got somehow a disease so I stopped

I have to find more recipes

bonepicker

Top Cat
Purraise
I would go easy on dry since it can cause health issues like vomiting and diabetes and blockages especially in males. I would feed mostly wet if possible. I feel any grade wet is superior to dry. If you have a tight budget the large 12 oz can of friskies works well with 3 cats

moan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Same, I don't like dry food and prefer wet food
that is why I am searching for the right way to feed my little babies :cringe: . .

I will write down a specific routine to follow

bonepicker

Top Cat
Purraise
Make sure they are all spayed or neutered as it promotes good health and Unwanted spraying and litters of kittens

Last edited:

moan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm not, I am from the middle east
my food budget is : 3$ per day
to add that to cheapest food here is 2$ which is one small canned food

moan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Can you get the cats fixed in your country and do they go outside?
our houses are closed, we have a space outside , but I don't let them go because it is so hot here

moan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Can you explain? This might influence what they need to eat.

When they were 2 months old, they 2 of them cought a diseases and dead , so I stopped giving them home made food until I find something more accurate and healthier

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You have a pregnant female right now. She needs access to unlimited dry food and meals of wet throughout the day. Same for the kittens.

lokhismom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi, good evening :redheartpump:

I have an issue with my 3 cats, and I need some tips to follow:

1) How to provide enough food for them and what are the right times to put the food? and the amount?
2) How to avoid the stinky smell, since am using one big litter box, and should I provide 3 boxes?
3) last but not least, what are the best companies for food?

I really need a full routine :alright: . .
1) It varies sometimes depending on the age of your cat and other factors but usually 6 - 7oz of wet food is good. That's 2 cans of the 3 oz cans. If they are kittens they should have access to all they want. If they play a lot through the day they could want more food. I have 2 cats who I feed 3 - 4 oz in the morning. Another 3-4oz later in the afternoon after work.
2) I've read that each cat should have its own litter box but use 1 litter box for 2 cats which I clean twice a day. With 3 cats I would have at least 2 litter boxes.
3) I'm not sure which companies you have access to where you live but some of the food I feed are Natures Variety, Feline Natural, Merrick, Sheba, Fancy Feast Classics, Nutro Natural Choice.

Please don't feed your kitties on 100% human food. It doesn't contain the vitamins they need.

Good luck