I moved out

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by krazy kat2

I am not sure why you feel guilty. There is no guilt in getting away from a bad situation.
Its still her family though..I understand the guilt. I lived with it with family too unfortunately. Moved out when I was 16 because of it.

Gail, I am so happy you are getting out of that negative situation...you are very strong. I know how hard it is

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by littleraven7726

I can't believe I missed this post. that everything works out. Your kitties will settle in, it may take a bit though. And congratulations on your new kitty.

I agree with the others--take a friend or 2 when you get your stuff. And have your friend ready to dial 9-1-1 if necessary.
I helped a friend move out from an abusive situation, we did it all in one day.
Originally Posted by Sweets

May I make a suggestion? Don't go back for your clothes alone. Bring a friend. Maybe bring a police officer. Abuse is abuse whether it is verbal or physical. And often verbal abuse will escalate to physical when the abuser is pushed into a corner. You just pushed them into a corner. Take EVERYTHING in one trip. Maybe a friend can store some stuff for you.
those and a side note.. if you cant afford being on your own DO look into some help ... It wont be long before your on both feet

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gail I just saw this thread. I hope things are going well, I wish only the best for you! You can make it on your own! Please let us know how you are doing.