I Made My Cat Go Away After A Fight :'(

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Did you put out his litter box? He'll be able to smell that for miles I've heard!
I was about to say the same. I'd put his litterbox out and something else that has a familiar scent on it like a blanket or piece of clothing.

I agree with talkingpeanut talkingpeanut . I would not take someone's word for it that a random "old man" from another neighborhood just took him. P Preths Did the kids have any kind of description of this man or his vehicle? Please keep looking for Lobster. Talk to the neighbors. Post signs or flyers around the neighborhood to let people know that he is missing and ask local vets if they will allow you to post flyers in their lobbies. If he is still out there, someone will see him looking for food and shelter. Someone (hopefully) may already be feeding him or may have taken pity on him and brought him inside :crossfingers:. If this "old man" sees a flyer, maybe he will contact you to let you know that he found him. If he did take him, he may not have had any idea that he had a home. It could be that he saw a cat alone outside and felt bad for him because it's cold outside. I'd do that. Many of us here would.

If you do get him back, please get him neutered ASAP. A lot of his behavioral issues are due to the fact that he is still intact. I really hope he is OK and some nice person is caring for him. :vibes::vibes:

Threecozycats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I’m going to try to be as kind as possible as you basically threw your pet out to suffer on the streets and probably die by being hit by a car, attacked by another animal, or trapped by animal control and put to sleep bc he’s aggressive. Nevermind the fact that he’s more likely to get into fights with other neighborhood strays since he isn’t neutered. That being said, if I understand correctly you brought a new cat into the home to interact with Lobster, an un-neutered cat and they probably didn’t get along if both are males and both aren’t neutered. You need to find the cat you abaondoned and get him somewhere safe inside whether in a spare room, basement or even a cage for the time being until you find a place for him. You should be putting up lost cat signs so that if an older man did in fact find him he can bring him back to you. And you should be out looking for him and contacting all local vets/shelters to see if he’s been brought in. His aggression towards you isn’t his fault - it’s your fault for improperly caring for him. Don’t let him die outside alone and scared for your wrong doings.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Preths

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
First of, I would like to thank again the members who had given me tips and articles related to my concern.
Second, I just hope some members here would avoid rubbing in the agony. Again, I myself, wouldn't want that to happen, but I need to choose between my family's safety or Lobster's. I am sorry if I do not have money to buy a cage, or has a small house with no extra room or so because I am living paycheck to paycheck, but has been doing my effort to provide for my cats. I have been depressed since the day I left him outside. AND MY INTENTION IS NOT TO LET HIM DIE OR SO SINCE I AM REALLY, REALLY SURE THAT THE NEIGBORHOOD IS A SAFE HAVEN FOR CATS, AS WELL AS DOGS. In fact, he was rehomed through the old man I was talking about, my mother just confirmed from the man's colleague. Lobster's displayed behavior was first time, since he would just usually go business as usual after having a glance of my other cat.

The reason why I posted here is to gain more knowledge and help and not be thrown out with words that add insult to the injury. Sorry for not being as perfect as some people here.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No one is asking you to be perfect. We asked you to take ownership and action when you threw your cat out. You did not give this situation any amount of time to resolve, nor seek help before taking violent action, which was unfortunate.

Will the man who adopted your cat neuter him? This is a basic care issue that will greatly improve his life and his behavior.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
First of, I would like to thank again the members who had given me tips and articles related to my concern.
Second, I just hope some members here would avoid rubbing in the agony. Again, I myself, wouldn't want that to happen, but I need to choose between my family's safety or Lobster's. I am sorry if I do not have money to buy a cage, or has a small house with no extra room or so because I am living paycheck to paycheck, but has been doing my effort to provide for my cats. I have been depressed since the day I left him outside. AND MY INTENTION IS NOT TO LET HIM DIE OR SO SINCE I AM REALLY, REALLY SURE THAT THE NEIGBORHOOD IS A SAFE HAVEN FOR CATS, AS WELL AS DOGS. In fact, he was rehomed through the old man I was talking about, my mother just confirmed from the man's colleague. Lobster's displayed behavior was first time, since he would just usually go business as usual after having a glance of my other cat.

The reason why I posted here is to gain more knowledge and help and not be thrown out with words that add insult to the injury. Sorry for not being as perfect as some people here.
No one here is perfect and all of us have made our share of mistakes along the way. The important thing is did we learn from those mistakes? I think you did.

I'm glad to hear that Lobster has been located and is now in a home. I hope his new family gets him neutered ASAP. I believe you when you say that you regret what happened. Sometimes we behave rashly when emotions are high. :alright:

I think that if you found yourself in a similar situation that the outcome would be different.

Preths

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I basically weighted the pros and cons of this situation. And it is not a choice I did without thinking. I waited hours for him to calm down so I could put him on harness and tie him somewhere at least isolated from my other cats, but he did not calm down. He is known for scratching deeply by mere interaction or while playing, and I cannot let my mother or the kids in the house experience that.

I am not sure he would have the means too. He is a below-average earner. There's no free neuter service in our place.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Where are you located?

You will need to get your current kitten neutered too, before this whole situation repeats itself.

I’m not sure what to say if you think you made the best decision.

Preths

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Neutering is on my list of to-dos for my pets. I just cannot do that all at once since I need to save to be able to accomplish that. I am aware of this whole thing. I just believed on Lobster's faith on me, that is why I was not really prepared in general when this happened.

No, I know it was not the best one, I wouldn't really have done, and still choke with its remembrance. I just needed to choose.

RLG

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The cat was unfixed-you're gonna have exacerbated probs. seriously, what are you doing to trap him? Call grain stores, or a tenth life-you can easily get a trap set!! I know you've heard it -that you sentenced your cat to death but maybe if you sit on your butt someone else will take care of the problem-maybe or maybe animal control will pick up eventually...making it tax payers problem. I get that it was a knee jerk reaction but it is totally your responsibility to fix it or you can wait n listen to rumors that a great person just took him in. (I hope you're smart n don't believe it's ok to sit on your butt). You had to go to ER-big deal -doesn't justify what u did in the least. Did you seriously think kitty was gonna sit n know he'd be fed even though he was kicked out. Unfixed male will roam. People on here are being kind to you because they are trying to be sympathetic to your lack of knowledge. I'm not sympathetic. You did a cruel thing and it will haunt you, you'll never forget. I wonder how hard you're trying to find or trap him? Your neighborhood is cat friendly? Do you really think he'll stay in the neighborhood? The whole situation is not the cats fault! You'd be lucky to get him back but it doesn't sound like you understand the situation at all. Your big fear is he's associated you with bad memories when your big fear should be how you allowed yourself to be in such denial.

RLG

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
No cat could've been rehomed so quickly but maybe n as far as you coming on here n feeling "thrown out with words," DUH...it seemed to be ok for u to do it