I´m new

lulutaylor

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello, I´m new here. I´m currently waiting to recieve a Persan Kitten, he´s Smoke in color and we named him Ash. I've owned cats in the past, but this will be the first time I have a Persan. I´m very excited, I'm picking him up on the 25th of this month and can't wait. Any helpful hints on Persan care will be grateful. This is very nice, i found this site out by accident and think it's very cool, for people who love cats to come here and exchange info. Take care and hope to hear from someone soon

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi lulu!

Not only is this a great site for exchange of info, you'll meet plenty of nice people too. Welcome, and I hope to see you posting often.

yola

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Lulu

I have had 2 persians for over 5 years now and they are the cutest, most adorable babes ever.

Just get your kitten used to having it's eyes wiped and being brushed and combed early on. This could be a daily routine (dependent on type of coat and how runny the eyes are) so the sooner you accustom kitty to it the better.

I would recommend you buy a book which deals specifically with persians as you will probably need it as reference in the early days - I know mine was invaluble.

Good luck.

Oh, but the way, welcome to the cat site and please come back and tell us all about Ash once you have brought him home . . . and post some pictures!!!

veronica

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi LuLu,and congrats on your new persian,bet you cant wait to get him.I have 2 persians bailey and Sunny,both spoilt rotten.
Yes they are high maintenance but well worth it.
I use a wide toothed steel combe as it is better for the fur and easier for getting mats out.Also if your kitten is prone to tearing as a lot of persians are,just wipe his eyes daily.I use saline solution.It is a good idea to get a book on persians as suggested above.
Best wishes with Ash and let us know how it goes.
Veronica