I loved these pics and had to share

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We were visiting friends over New Years and got these pictures of their cat Mojo. Mojo is deaf, and we found him in a shelter by us. Our friends lost their deaf white cat a few years ago to CRF and had been looking for another for a long time. When we found Mojo, they adopted him site unseen and drove the 600 miles to our house to pick him up. At 10 months old, he is 13.5 pounds and a wonderful blend of mellowness and playfulness. I can't figure out why people turn in cats like these to shelters! Just look at his face!!

Here is my husband holding him:

Don't try this hold at home - he was calm enough to get away with holding him like this!

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I AM SERIOUSLY IN LOVE!
Not only is that cat BEAUTIFUL but he's so mellow, too! I would have had a horrible time giving that one up!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What I love most about him is his expressions. He can't hear, but responds immediately when he sees you move your lips. To get his attention for the first picture, I simply opened and closed my mouth in an exaggerated fashion while looking at him. He stares intently at you, then reaches out his paws to you (second pic). He is somehow fascinated by it all. He is so stunning!

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WOW! HE IS GORGEOUS! I just love big kitties. Do yo know how old he was in those pics? I would love to know how big he gets full grown.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by krazy kat2

WOW! HE IS GORGEOUS! I just love big kitties. Do yo know how old he was in those pics? I would love to know how big he gets full grown.
He's about 9-1/2 months old in the pic, and weighed in at 13.5 pounds 2 weeks later. The vet thinks he could get as big as 20 pounds, but reserved judgement as the best we can tell, he was pulled from his mom at 4 weeks old and may have suffered some early malnutrician (so may not grow as big as he has potential for). And yes, we are all anxiously waiting to see how big he gets.

His eyes were the same shade of blue when we got him, but his green eye had a bit more gold in it when younger. Either way they are stunning! (Yup, I'm the proud Auntie).

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What a beautiful cat Mojo is. How could anyone turn him in to a shelter - especially when he depends on his people more than a hearing cat would. He certainly looks beautifully cared for now. How wonderful that you found him.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He is a gorgeous odd-eye...and looks to have more than a bit of Maine Coon in him, imo!

lisalee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Beautiful!
So glad to hear Mojo has a loving home.

jalapeno

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He's a very beautiful cat!!!
People are soo stupid for not seeing how amazing this cat is! But I'm glad Mojo found his forever home. He's really gorgeous! Wow.