I love eBay for the most part, BUT...

prissykitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I buy and sell lots of used horse stuff on eBay. I won two lots from this girl in North Dakota. I should have been leery since she listed the stuff and did not post pictures...She said everything in the lot was "used but still useable". Most of this stuff belongs in the trash can, it is NOT useable (unless she meant to say useable with duct tape) and I am HOPING that it was an animal (or animals) that peed on all this stuff and not a person. Totally disgusting! This stuff REEKS of urine! No where in her listings did she say the stuff had been PEED ON!!! And I'm sorry, saying something is "a little dirty" does not mean it is PEED ON!!!

Sorry, just had to vent. I love eBay, and I love my 99.9% positive feedback rating (very good with 3,000+ feedbacks) so I left the girl two NEUTRAL feedbacks which in my opinion was being NICE. God this stuff is gross! Some people really need to just throw stuff away : (

Anyhow at least I made a killing earlier with the other stuff I had won a few weeks ago and sold so it's not all bad.

rosehawke

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What was her feedback? I think you were being TOO nice, I would've e-mailed her with the problems, and then if I didn't get any satisfaction, she would get a neg. I hate giving negs, but sometimes ya gotta

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

prissykitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She has 11 feedbacks, all positive from stuff she has bought (she had never sold anything until now) and one negative for non-payment. I did email her and told her I was very unhappy. I think I will be able to clean up some of this stuff and make some stitching repairs to some of this stuff to make it sellable and hopefully I will be able to get my money back. There'd be no point in me asking to return the stuff, the shipping cost more than I paid for the actual items. I try really hard to be nice and do the right thing. The two negatives I have I totally didn't deserve. I just hope this girl won't turn around and leave me a negatives for the neutrals I left her...

rosehawke

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree. I always think it's interesting to see the negs given someone who has a high FB count. I always look to see who gave them, what for, and how much FB THEY have. 99.99 times out of a hundred, the person who has left it is someone who has less than 10 FB themselves, and/or did NOT read the listing. Hello! When someone says that shipping is going to be $15 and they charge you $15 for shipping, you really don't have the right to neg them for what you think is outrageous shipping!

So many people think "Oh, they don't mean me"
: .

prissykitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
LOL, I hate it when people complain about shipping! I got a positive feedback with a shipping "complaint" ($1.50 more than actual) just the other day. I don't go around asking people to make up the difference when I underguesstimate shipping, I used to, but NO ONE PAID ME FOR IT!!! Plus, it's not like I am misleading anyone either, I don't have any hidden handling charges or anything it says right in the auction how much shipping is, if you don't like it, don't bid LOL. eBay does have a policy against charging $25 to ship an item a 37 cent stamp will cover. eBay understands that by being over by a few dollars that helps pay for PACKING MATERIALS and my gas to the &(@)$ post office!!!

OK So I'll tell you my eBay ID if you tell me yours LOL...

Mine is merlinsmomtwh

prissykitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I like your about me! So true about hiding in the SF corner of the bookstore LOL. Even better when you were the ONLY girl at the D&D, Warhammer, etc. RPG's LOL.

rosehawke

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yah, we (hubby is texarcana) don't sell much on eBay, and I usually go there if I'm looking for something specific. If you can't find it on eBay it's not to be found! Back in the day
, when eBay really was more of a "garage sale" type of thing, I would sell books but now it's just too big to make much money at that. Too much trouble for a nickel as my Dad used to say.

I tell ya, though, you can put foot high letters of fire in your listing NO SHIPPING and you'll still get some obliviot asking "Will you ship?" (We sold a couple of parts bikes on there.)

consumerkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by RoseHawke

What was her feedback? I think you were being TOO nice, I would've e-mailed her with the problems, and then if I didn't get any satisfaction, she would get a neg. I hate giving negs, but sometimes ya gotta
If someone rips you off that bad, they should get a negative rating for sure.

prissykitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by consumercity

If someone rips you off that bad, they should get a negative rating for sure.
Unfortunately I am one of those people who fears retaliatory negative feedback. I have two of them so far, that ruined my 100% positive image I was trying so hard to uphold.

I really think eBay should change their feedback policy and we should be able to present facts to show that we do not deserve a certain negative.

sooz123

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've not had a bad experience, yet, and have a 100% positive FB myself although I do only have 33.

I always try to remember to look at the seller's FB before I bid, and read the auction carefully so I know exactly what to expect. I like to buy from people with several hundred FB, so I have a solid average track record to see. I never buy without a picture tho... unless it's guaranteed to be new-in-box. I guess I'm really skeptical but it's served me well.

Sometimes I get too excited and bid before I read the seller's FB... I bought something a couple weeks ago, only to see several negatives about quality of the product... but really, I won the auction for 1 cent, it was less than $7 with shipping, and if a few of what I bought turn out bum, what do I care? I got 50 of them for that price!

Speaking of which, another auction just ended. Must go pay!

talon

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, in general I love ebay - but there is always a crackpot or two.

mybabies

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by PrissyKitty

I buy and sell lots of used horse stuff on eBay. I won two lots from this girl in North Dakota. I should have been leery since she listed the stuff and did not post pictures...She said everything in the lot was "used but still useable". Most of this stuff belongs in the trash can, it is NOT useable (unless she meant to say useable with duct tape) and I am HOPING that it was an animal (or animals) that peed on all this stuff and not a person. Totally disgusting! This stuff REEKS of urine! No where in her listings did she say the stuff had been PEED ON!!! And I'm sorry, saying something is "a little dirty" does not mean it is PEED ON!!!

Sorry, just had to vent. I love eBay, and I love my 99.9% positive feedback rating (very good with 3,000+ feedbacks) so I left the girl two NEUTRAL feedbacks which in my opinion was being NICE. God this stuff is gross! Some people really need to just throw stuff away : (

Anyhow at least I made a killing earlier with the other stuff I had won a few weeks ago and sold so it's not all bad.
That's too bad! So unfair! I bought a china mare with a foal beside it on ebay and it looked ok and came fast so I left a good feedback. THEN I took it out of hte box and put it on a shelf and the tail fell off, and shortly after one of the legs fell off, SOooo these things can happen!

BTW since you know a lot about Ebay may I ask you to tell me about fees for selling things? I have a bunch of Breyer horses I want to get rid of as I need to get my credit card down!

prissykitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MyBabies

BTW since you know a lot about Ebay may I ask you to tell me about fees for selling things? I have a bunch of Breyer horses I want to get rid of as I need to get my credit card down!
eBay's fee schedule is here: http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/fees.html

it's pretty easy to sell things. Items with a picture and those that end on the weekend have been shown to fetch more money.

prissykitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
BTW, some of this stuff I was trying to salvage, but it has been through my washing machine twice already with nature's miracle and oxyclean and detergent and fabric softener and it still stinks! I think I am going to get a huge muck bucket and put some orvis detergent in it with some oxy clean and a gallon of el cheapo fabric softener and let it soak for a day or two, maybe that'll do the trick *groan*

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hmm, im about to start my little selling company on ebay lol!
its going to be jewelery and little other rubbish!

sooz123

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Surely someone here knows a good cat-pee remedy!!??!!

Another problem I thought of was that it was supposed to be yard sale type deals but the dealers have over-run it, just like the flea markets!

I've been looking for Halloween props for cheap, and a lot of what I've found on there is just stuff that I could get at a local shop cheaper without shipping. It's nearly impossible to dig through all their listings to finally find an individual just trying to get rid of some stuff for cheap.

prissykitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

hmm, im about to start my little selling company on ebay lol!
its going to be jewelery and little other rubbish!
eBay is how I make my living these days. Well, that and telemarketing from home : ) I had to quit my job last year after a really bad riding accident. I just couldn't do the standing on my feet/repetetive motion thing all day long any more after my injuries.

What's funny is I buy stuff on eBay to resell on eBay. People think that's crazy, but not when I show them the profits I am making : )

I would reccomend with anyone beginning on ebay, get a good reputation for yourself before you try to sell any big ticket item, or even any item over $25 IMO. Just because if you establish yourself and have a good base of 100% positive feedbacks, you will have people willing to bid a lot more money because there is some amount of trust there. That is part of where I make my money from. I buy from sellers with less than reputable feedback (I always ask questions and INSIST on paying for insurance) then I resell the stuff and people like to bid and bid high since I have a very good reputation and am VERY responsive to emails and whatnot.