I lost my baby on Tuesday

catnip

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi. I haven't posted on this site in years but I thought of this community in my grief. My boy who would have been 16 in April had to be put to sleep on Tuesday. I am in so much pain; I never thought it would be this hard. All I want to do is lie down and cry, but I have to stay strong for my children and I also have to work. When I am alone I can't stop crying. I miss him so much; he was such a cuddler and so affectionate.

I don't have any other pets and don't feel like I will ever have one again because of the pain I am in now.

Hugs to all of you going through the same thing.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no - so sorry for your loss! You might try taking the herb Holy Basil. I used it (another TCS member's recommendation to me) after the death of my special guy in 2020 - it helped me work pharmacy during the height of the pandemic & also deal with caring for my disabled daughter & elderly mother.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catnip

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh, I'm so very sorry. There is no loss comparable to the loss of our beloved kitty companions, especially when they have been with us for so long. My heart goes out to you. :hugs: What was your baby's name?
Thank you. His name was Harry. He was always so patient with the kids even though he was there before them. I know time will help, I'm just finding his loss tougher than I expected.

catnip

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh no - so sorry for your loss! You might try taking the herb Holy Basil. I used it (another TCS member's recommendation to me) after the death of my special guy in 2020 - it helped me work pharmacy during the height of the pandemic & also deal with caring for my disabled daughter & elderly mother.
Thank you - it sounds like you had a lot on your plate x

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Thank you. His name was Harry. He was always so patient with the kids even though he was there before them. I know time will help, I'm just finding his loss tougher than I expected.
I understand. When I lost my first cat who was almost 17, I thought I'd never get over it. But with time, the loss got more bearable and I've gone on to have several other cats in my life.

Rest in peace, sweet Harry. :rbheart:

thevintageowl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am so very sorry and also feel your pain.

My girl was put to sleep on 12/28 (due to cancer) and it is still so upsetting. She would have been 17 in March. She was also very affectionate and I loved to sit and hold her and just sniff her...just put my face on her little side and take deep breaths. She always smelled so good and I am thankful I wasn't allergic or I would have been in trouble! It has been very hard, especially at night, and I too have kids who I try not to lose it in front of because they are also so upset over the loss of their cat sister.

I am sending you lots of love and hugs!

(PS: Look for sweet signs that Harry is still around you. We had a cluster of Lady Bugs come visit us right after we lost Lucy. It was so comforting to me...I felt like she was telling me she was okay and happy!)

catnip

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am so very sorry and also feel your pain.

My girl was put to sleep on 12/28 (due to cancer) and it is still so upsetting. She would have been 17 in March. She was also very affectionate and I loved to sit and hold her and just sniff her...just put my face on her little side and take deep breaths. She always smelled so good and I am thankful I wasn't allergic or I would have been in trouble! It has been very hard, especially at night, and I too have kids who I try not to lose it in front of because they are also so upset over the loss of their cat sister.

I am sending you lots of love and hugs!

(PS: Look for sweet signs that Harry is still around you. We had a cluster of Lady Bugs come visit us right after we lost Lucy. It was so comforting to me...I felt like she was telling me she was okay and happy!)
I am so sorry for your loss. Your cat sounded fabulous. Harry was on my lap every night and also like to lie on my chest and nuzzle into my neck - he was such a cuddly boy.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Harry, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

This is the Deepest Truth I know, that love never dies. It is translated and purified into Love, and it continues on. Now, from his home in That Place Where All Things Are Known, Harry blesses you, and he sends his Love back to you, to walk with you down through all of your days. Because Love abides. Always, forever, Love abides.

I have found, through seven decades of loving and losing, that in the end, the joy of having and sharing love is always greater than the pain of losing that love. It may be that, when some time has passed, you decide to honor your love for Harry and his love for you by welcoming a new furry love into your life. The heart holds room for more than one love, you know. Each living thing you love has a whole and complete love, all its very own. And Harry knows that. He may even guide a new love to you in time. Many of our members are certain that the beloved cat they lost guided their current cat to them.

catnip

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I realised today I didn't post a picture of my beautiful Harry. Today felt easier and I was able to talk about him to my partner - I didn't even want to mention him up until now for fear of falling apart. I also felt more used to him not being in the house. He is totally irreplaceable but it helps to imagine him fast asleep on a big fluffy cloud :)

Attachments

thevintageowl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I realised today I didn't post a picture of my beautiful Harry. Today felt easier and I was able to talk about him to my partner - I didn't even want to mention him up until now for fear of falling apart. I also felt more used to him not being in the house. He is totally irreplaceable but it helps to imagine him fast asleep on a big fluffy cloud :)
I am so glad it’s getting easier for you. It’s the same here, day by day. We have good and bad but it makes us happy to imagine her running around with her best cat friend (we lost him in 2018 at only 8 years old). Harry is beautiful! My Lucy was also a shiny, beautiful black cat!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's one of the hardest things you have to do, saying goodbye......try to remember he had what he wanted most in this world, a wonderful home and your love. He is at peace because of that. Your broken heart will take a long time to heal, but it will in time. But there will lays be a scar.
Love is spiritual, so eternal, he will always be as close as your thoughts and prayers, he lives on through you now until the end of your own life's journey. I like to think of a certain quote at times like these...."Do not cry because it is over, smile because it happened".
His love will always be a part of your soul. You might reconsider a new addition to your family, because passing on what he taught you about love is his legacy he left you. That new love would be a distraction for your poor heart, it would never replace his love, it can't, but it adds on to, makes his love even bigger and more precious.
Please try to go forward into the future living it as you would have wanted for him to go on if you were the first to go, not in tears and sadness, but seeking life's beauty and even more love. He wants no less for the one he loves.
Though he follows a new path now, it will always parallel your own path. He gave you one of this world's greatest treasures, a cat's love.......RIP dear Harry. you will NEVER be forgotten, you will always have secure places in loving hearts. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

BellaBlue82

Sadie rules, Julian drools, my boys rule heaven ❤
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry you're going through this, I'm right there with you. I feel like one moment I'm ok, and the next I'm going to tear at the seams.
Giving you big hugs from one pet parent to another during this tough time. ❤

marshmallow2013

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So sorry for your loss. My deepest condolences to you and your family. Harry sounded like an amazing cat, so loving and sweet. And so beautiful. Sending love and hugs. Rest in Peace, Harry ❤