I know this is a weird question but...

nujay

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We just got a new kitty....well my boyfriend just got a new kitty. One of the reasons we got Atticus (9 month old neutered male) was because the other two cats, who are female, bonded with me more than my boyfriend and he wanted a cat that bonded with him to be his bud. Well, we have had the cat for about a week now, and it seems that Atticus likes me more. I try to be the one who is stern with him when he is naughty. And I always have my boyfriend give him treats and play with him. But he just follows me around like a puppy. I guess my question is, is there anyway to encourage Atticus to bond with my boyfriend, rather than me lol

tammyp

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi Nujay, I think cats choose who they like best at the end of the day.  But that doesnt mean you can't do everything to woo them!  At the very least, the cat will feel very loved, and give that love back, even if a smidge more of their heart belongs to one person.  You guys are doing the right things:

Boyfriend to do:

-interactive play

-treats

-giving food

-making loving gestures (make him his bed every night, give cat kisses, pets when&how the cat wants them)

And you do the 'chores'!

There's something to be said about understanding how cats like their affection too:

http://wayofcats.blogspot.com.au/2009/08/how-do-i-make-my-cat-like-me.html