I know she's not a purebred, but...

zerosoma33

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'd like to identify my cat once and for all. I've been absolutely stumped and I even bought a cat book to identify features that would help me discover her lineage. I think she's got more in her than just being a plain old "DSH". Friends have said that she looks "posh" and like "a royalty cat". It doesn't matter to me one way or the other, she is an amazing friend and a great companion, but it would be really neat to find out where she comes from.

Here's the facts : when I first got her (at 2 years old), she was a beautiful doll-faced girl with big green eyes and a smushy face. I remember I was hesitant because I thought "It looks like a steamroller rolled over her face" and when I brought her home one of my friends said "her nose is all smushy". So for awhile I thought she was part Persian but as she got older her snout widened out to more of a standard shape and her head took on the shape of a more eastern-looking feline. She's fully mature now at age 6, and the features I've noticed on her are :

a) A wedge-shaped head/skull
b) larger ears than her head proportion
c) a slender body type with thicker fur (making her look more domestic but her outline is definitely slender)
d) petite and poised like a statue
e) roundish-almond shaped eyes

I have a video I shot this morning and a couple photos (as well as the one in my avatar).

Video is here :

Picture is here :

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...type=1&theater

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...type=1&theater

if anyone can help I'd greatly appreciate it! thanks!

bastetservant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's REALLY adorable! She looks like a DSH with a calico coat pattern.

You have a black DSH, and a gray and white DLH, too? They weren't featured on the video, so I barely saw them. I don't have a Facebook account (and hope I never do), so I couldn't look at the pictures.

Nice cat family!

Robin

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She looks like a Domestic Shorthair with lots of cute
No idea why her face would have been smushy at 2 years of age though...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

zerosoma33

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The other cats are a Persian with the Blue Smoke color pattern and Gabriel is about 90% Blue Russian, 10% Chartreau or some other blue mix. He has every feature of the Russian Blue except the emerald green eyes

I sorta thought Sadie had a head like a Burmilla? I did a google search and their heads look identical (apart from the color of course). thoughts?

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks like a domestic shorthair to me, can't find any specific 'breed features' from her.
Originally Posted by zerosoma33

The other cats are a Persian with the Blue Smoke color pattern
Have to disagree here too, not a smoke. Looks more like blue golden (or silver) ticked tabby.