I Just Wonder What My Little Jazzy Could Be...

CSember

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So we were out getting a christmas tree just before Christmas (like the last minute scurriers we are), and the tree farm had some little kittens in a box that they had found! My mother and I instantly fell in love, and brought home out beautiful little boy, who we named Jasper!

I was just wondering (I know he's very young, so it's hard to tell) what the little fuzzball might grow up to be! It looks like he's going to be a long hair tabby, but other than that, I just don't know. He's very playful (and a bit bitey, but we're working on that. It's hard being an only child and seeing those tasty hands flying about) and it would be very useful to know what sort of temperament he may have when he gets older.

(his favorite sleeping spot. He likes to ride around on my shoulder while I do things around the house)

He's probably about 7 weeks old now, and growing up so fast~

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He appears to be an absolutely adorable little brown mackerel tabby domestic kitten. He's so cute and looks very happy!

At this age it can be difficult to tell if a kitten will be longhaired or shorthaired, you may have to wait and see. Most cats don't belong to any specific breed, so we call them domestic shorthairs or longhairs depending on hair length. He will grow up to have his own unique personality, like all cats do, even pedigreed ones :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CSember

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He appears to be an absolutely adorable little brown mackerel tabby domestic kitten. He's so cute and looks very happy!

At this age it can be difficult to tell if a kitten will be longhaired or shorthaired, you may have to wait and see. Most cats don't belong to any specific breed, so we call them domestic shorthairs or longhairs depending on hair length. He will grow up to have his own unique personality, like all cats do, even pedigreed ones :)
We're absolutely spoiling him with toys and love, so I sure hope he's happy! We're going to be taking him for his first vet visit sometime soon, possibly to get fixed though I'm not sure if that's a good idea at his current age. I've never had a kitten this young before (all my other cats were at least of selling age) but we've had him since probably about 4 weeks according to a bit of googling and what the tree people said, so we've been setting his diet to that and giving him formula and both wet and dry food.

As for his colors, he's a bit less yellow in person, since the sunlight and my phone both seem to want him to be warm colored, and looks a lot more grey (with that brown on his face and mayybe his feet, but I can't tell yet)

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Brown tabbies can be very warm and reddish in color, or quite cold and grey in color... there is a big range! You can expect his color to go through some changes as he matures, it may lighten or darken or become colder or warmer... but he is definitely a brown tabby :)