I Just Stepped On My One Month Old Kitten...

Ash-Lyn901

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just stepped on my kitten that is one month and a day old.
What do I do? He's walking slowly his heart is beating fast.
He's curling up in a ball when I lay him down but when I went to the other room for a bit then I came back and he at least woke 5 whole CM.
I stepped on his whole body while running down the stairs, he's a ginger cat and our carpet is ginger too. So I ran while I was on the phone and didn't see him.
He's not able to drink his mom's milk [I tried right after I stepped on him] I also stepped on his whole body.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ash-Lyn901

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just stepped on my kitten that is one month and a day old.
What do I do? He's walking slowly his heart is beating fast.
He's curling up in a ball when I lay him down but when I went to the other room for a bit then I came back and he at least woke 5 whole CM.
I stepped on his whole body while running down the stairs, he's a ginger cat and our carpet is ginger too. So I ran while I was on the phone and didn't see him.
He's not able to drink his mom's milk [I tried right after I stepped on him] I also stepped on his whole body.
**He walked at least a whole 5 CM

Ash-Lyn901

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He's meowing normally and he can walk.
He looks pretty normal still one same struggling as always except he curls up in a ball and sits down and he doesn't usually do that.

Ash-Lyn901

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes. 100% sure.

You injured a baby. You do not wait and see.
Sadly, I'm old enough to drive and my mom is saying he's okay. How do I tell her that he is NOT okay? He seems pretty normal so she's saying he's okay. He's walking normally, he's too full to drink his mom's milk since he drank a lot earlier before I stepped on him. He walked into his little cage where he sleeps and went back to bed. I didn't carry him there but now he's struggling and you can carry him for a bit like usually but then he wants to go down. My mom says he's okay because he always makes kitten noises and his meow is powerful. I can't confuse her at all she's made up her mind.

playerdark

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't even know what to say.
Either you must be really poor that you can't afford 50$ for a vet visit, or , well I don't even want to consider the other option. In any case, I feel sorry for that cat that it's in your care.
Maybe you don't have the right feelings to have pets, maybe you are too young (you sound it) and you mother is the cheap one, I don't know.
But let me tell you, if a cat behaves in an unusual way, you take him to the doctor.
Really, I don't know if I should scorn you or try to convince you because you are just inexperienced with pets.
You don't want to be the reason for your pets death or suffering, especially when that could have been avoided.
So do the right thing and take the cat to the vet. And if your mother gives you a lip, tell her you will hate her for all eternity.

Ash-Lyn901

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't even know what to say.
Either you must be really poor that you can't afford 50$ for a vet visit, or , well I don't even want to consider the other option. In any case, I feel sorry for that cat that it's in your care.
Maybe you don't have the right feelings to have pets, maybe you are too young (you sound it) and you mother is the cheap one, I don't know.
But let me tell you, if a cat behaves in an unusual way, you take him to the doctor.
Really, I don't know if I should scorn you or try to convince you because you are just inexperienced with pets.
You don't want to be the reason for your pets death or suffering, especially when that could have been avoided.
So do the right thing and take the cat to the vet. And if your mother gives you a lip, tell her you will hate her for all eternity.
I wouldn't tell my mom I hate her for eternity but thanks, I'll tell her.

playerdark

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
OK, I see your reply now and you are too young, apparently. OK< I take it you are genuinely concerned, maybe you can find a friend or a relative to drive? Then there's the matter of money to consider, if your mother doesn't want to pay, I dont know, either you are tight on money or she is just hard hearted.
I feel sorry for your situation now, I would look for somebody else to help you since your mother obviously is not up to the job

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Explain to your mom that this is a baby. Tell her that cats are excellent at hiding their pain and their injuries. It’s like if a horse stepped on you. You would not wait and hope you healed on your own. Even if nothing catastrophic is happening here, you need to double check so you don’t leave a baby to die in pain from unseen injuries.

Ash-Lyn901

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
OK, I see your reply now and you are too young, apparently. OK< I take it you are genuinely concerned, maybe you can find a friend or a relative to drive? Then there's the matter of money to consider, if your mother doesn't want to pay, I dont know, either you are tight on money or she is just hard hearted.
I feel sorry for your situation now, I would look for somebody else to help you since your mother obviously is not up to the job
I'm sorry if this is a bit rude but my mom actually really cares for them. She didn't see anything wrong with them and she's usually with the kittens. So, she agreed to it since she has a-lot of work, but still we could've went to the cinema she asked for my choice. I said of course, the kitten. She agreed and we're heading out now. Thank you so much!

Ash-Lyn901

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Explain to your mom that this is a baby. Tell her that cats are excellent at hiding their pain and their injuries. It’s like if a horse stepped on you. You would not wait and hope you healed on your own. Even if nothing catastrophic is happening here, you need to double check so you don’t leave a baby to die in pain from unseen injuries.
Thank you. I feel like crying just because I'm so happy to see that the kitten is going to be taken care of. I hope he turns out alright and comes back home safely. Thank you so much for your help I need tissues. Thanks again I really appreciate you!

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please let us know what happens!

You may also want to talk to your vet about an appointment for neutering your male cat while you’re there.

Ash-Lyn901

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Please let us know what happens!

You may also want to talk to your vet about an appointment for neutering your male cat while you’re there.
Oh yeah. We were planning to do that soon anyways.
Thanks though! And of-course i'll make an article or post what happened to him on this thread. I hope it's all good news though!
Thank you again <3

playerdark

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Good news at least. I won't apologize for being rude, I say it as I see it. Well it's good that your mother is coming around and it's also quite good from a parent's perspective that she had you made that choice. So hopefully I was wrong about her. I just hate pets to be in the hands of people who are not willing to provide the necessary care.
Some people have posted here who have real money issues and were devastated that they could not pay for the care they wanted to get for their pet. Believe me, the last thing you want to do is carry some form of guilt around for something you could have prevented.
My advice (and I mean STRONG advice) is to get a pet insurance. Do it now while the cat is young! As with all insurances the trick is to get in while there are no pre existing conditions. I researched a lot about this just recently and I read tons and tons of reviews of different companies by different people all saying they paid and then their claims were denied because of preexisting conditions. Insurances always want to see your doctor's records, but pet insurer only after they took your money.
So my advice, get it now while there is nothing on the record. There are only 2 or 3 companies that can be recommended, you should do some research, one is Petsbest, the other one is Embrace and then there's another one with good reviews I forgot the name but do some research

Ash-Lyn901

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Good news at least. I won't apologize for being rude, I say it as I see it. Well it's good that your mother is coming around and it's also quite good from a parent's perspective that she had you made that choice. So hopefully I was wrong about her. I just hate pets to be in the hands of people who are not willing to provide the necessary care.
Some people have posted here who have real money issues and were devastated that they could not pay for the care they wanted to get for their pet. Believe me, the last thing you want to do is carry some form of guilt around for something you could have prevented.
My advice (and I mean STRONG advice) is to get a pet insurance. Do it now while the cat is young! As with all insurances the trick is to get in while there are no pre existing conditions. I researched a lot about this just recently and I read tons and tons of reviews of different companies by different people all saying they paid and then their claims were denied because of preexisting conditions. Insurances always want to see your doctor's records, but pet insurer only after they took your money.
So my advice, get it now while there is nothing on the record. There are only 2 or 3 companies that can be recommended, you should do some research, one is Petsbest, the other one is Embrace and then there's another one with good reviews I forgot the name but do some research
Thank you so much! You don't know my mom but she's the one who worries most about our cats [other then me of course] Even though I am the most over dramatic worrying child in the whole house I'll say it proudly.
Thank you, we are in a tight spot though so this really helps out! I'll do some of my own research and tell my mom. Again, thanks <3

Ash-Lyn901

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We went to a veterinary clinic and turns out he's okay. There's nothing wrong with him he's perfectly all right, Thankfully but I'll still keep a close eye on him.