I just sat on my 5lb cat

CarmiesMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hey guys Im concerned tonight I got up to go to the bathroom I have back issues which have gotten worse lately and make it hard for me to stand up long anyway sweets my cat has been getting in my spot on the sofa when I get up lately and this time I forgot to check my seat before sitting I think I sat on her hip and legs not sure but she crawled out easy as you please as I had shifted my weight as soon as I realized she was their. This was 15 min or so ago and she's as acting normal she didn't cry out, she's not hiding or upset at all intact she's pouncing my feet and being her normal onry self. I weigh around 300# she weighs about 5ish it was on the sofa which has an extra pillow in the seat as I can't sleep lying down due to my back but with my feet propped up on my computer chair (non rolling) so should I be this worried or am I just over tired and stressed because b as so issues or not I gotta work tomorrow?

treeclimber

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If she was injured, she would have felt pain. If she felt pain, you would likely have gotten a yelp or a yowl - I’ve occasionally accidentally stepped on a paw or tail, and cats are not shy about letting you know when it happens.

If she didn’t cry out, she’s not limping or showing signs of pain now, and she’s still eating normally, I don’t think you need to worry.

Cats have a remarkable ability to morph into silly putty when trying to squeeze through a tight space. They can fall several stories from a building and land unharmed (and not just because they twist around to land on their feet - a small dog that fell several stories from a building but got lucky and landed on its feet would probably still get injured). Cats can be a lot less fragile than they look.

Keep an eye out for any changes in her behavior or appetite, but to me it sounds like you haven’t hurt her and she’s going to be OK.

Last edited: