I just found my stomach cat looks big and hangging with some jelly lumps

alprish

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all, I have male, sterilized ginger cat,age 11month. I just see if the stomach near back feets have kind of big pouch over there. when I touch, it feels like couples of soft lumps. Such as balloon fullfill with water inside. Anyone cats have kind of this? Here picture when in 1st I can see its over there when he sit
WhatsApp Image 2020-10-22 at 09.29.20.jpeg

Attachments

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, it's called a primordial pouch, and cats develop it as they mature. Some more than others, lol. He's also at the age where you might have to start to limit his food intake so he doesn't get fat. He looks good right now though! Just don't let him get any fatter.

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
The pouch offers cats protection, but it does become more apparent after neutering.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

alprish

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hi all, I have happy update. Arnott is fine. Doctor said it was only pouch after neutering/sterillized. Its mean he is getting fat when he have the jelly on his pouch :D

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I'm glad to hear there is nothing wrong with him. Almost all cats have a pouch, even the skinny ones. It doesn't mean he is over weight. A better way to tell if he is getting chunky is to look at him from above and check that his belly is not sticking out a lot at each side.

1603763018535.png

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hi all, I have happy update. Arnott is fine. Doctor said it was only pouch after neutering/sterillized. Its mean he is getting fat when he have the jelly on his pouch :D
It is often called a "spay sway" but even a lot of unsterilized cats get it too. So it's really more a sign of maturity than a sign of being neutered.

But, yep, gotta watch out for that jelly belly! :lol:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

alprish

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hi all, thankyou for the support.. Arnott was so health and funny now :D