I just backed into a car

emb_78

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
While I was leaving the adoption center, I backed into one of the owners cars!
I sure wish my luck in life would turn around soon!!!
My question is will I have to pay out of pocket or will my insurance pay for it?

lndscpsam

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Usually insurance will pay for it, but you probably have a deductible and that will be your responsibility. That's what I think anyway.

george'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your insurance should cover it (less the deductible). It happens to the best of us. I backed into a neighbor's car across the street a few years ago. It was actually someone visiting my neighbor - who was driving a rental car from Florida. My car didn't sustain any damage and the other car looked like it had a small dent, but turned out to be an expensive repair (around $1,500.00). I also had a woman back into my car a few months ago. Once again, a few scuffs to my bumper cover cost about $500 to paint! Just be sure to call your insurance carrier. And no matter how small the event, it's good to have the police file a report.

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats house, we just pay the mortgage..
Your insurance should pay out but if it was me I'd find out how much it was going to cost to repair first to see if it was worth losing my No Claims Bonus. If it doesn't cost too much to repair you might be better to pay for it, as your insurance premium may rise because you've made a claim.
Hugs for you though, this is rubbish xx

sunnicat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no! I agree, get an estimate on the damage. If it's less than your deductible amount, it's worth it to pay out of pocket to avoid raising your premiums. Sorry this happened!

keith p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One time my shoelace got stuck on the gas pedal in my car as I was pulling up my driveway, and I ended up going right through my garage as it was opening! The damage: I broke 2 bikes in the garage, my car winshield was scratched a little, some paint was off the bumper, and the whole garage door fell off and was crushed like a folded napkin! But otherwise I was fine, the new gararge door was put in and my car window was replaced. It was a complete accident, but alot of people laugh when I say I went through my garage door.

purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That happened to me once too.
Except I was pulling out of my own driveway and hit my Dad's truck, so they had to pay for both vehicles! (Both of them were theirs.)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

emb_78

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pombina

Your insurance should pay out but if it was me I'd find out how much it was going to cost to repair first to see if it was worth losing my No Claims Bonus. If it doesn't cost too much to repair you might be better to pay for it, as your insurance premium may rise because you've made a claim.
Hugs for you though, this is rubbish xx
This is exactly what we decided to do! Thanks!!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
glad you did what i would have suggested

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

emb_78

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WELL, SHE TOOK HER CAR IN FOR AN ESTIMATE, AND THEY SAY IT WILL COST $1100 TO FIX!!! fOR A BROKEN TAIL LIGHT AND A DENT THE SIZE OF MY FIST!!!
SHE IS TAKING IT FOR A SECOND OPIONION! I GUESS I WILL END UP PAYING MY $500 INSURANCE DEDUCTABLE!