I IZ a Xmas Tree Ormanentz! 2011

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I may be the first to admit it, catch it on camera, or just to post it here, but I know I am not the only one who has living, furry Christmas tree ornaments. :rolleyes: So here's your chance to commiserate and post those precious picture that you have to get before removing those adorable little wide-eyed ormanentz from your tree.

This is Annie - our little troublemaker. This is why she's cute. She's cute by design - you can't stay mad at anything as cute as she is. And boy does she play that card well!

She was my rescue from the middle of the forest. I found her/she found me, Literally, in the middle of the the Pike National Forest, Buffalo Creek area of the Colorado mountains, so it makes sense that she likes pine trees. That's where she was safe before she met me.

Not so fast...she didn't bother the real trees we've had for the past 2 years. We've had real trees because she destroyed our previous very nice fake one by laying in the branches. It had plastic attachment pieces which didn't support a 6-8 lb. kitty for some reason and broke. Can't be fixed. After 2 years we thought that perhaps she had outgrown her tree attachment. Nope. She just prefers the fake ones.

She's already bent up quite a few branches but we made sure to get one of all metal construction so we can (hopefully) bend or pound the parts back into place. They still don't make fake Christmas trees that support an 8+ pound kitty for some reason. :confused: It only makes sense that they should!

And yes, our little calico ormanentz got into the tree before any others. Typical, right?

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
that's a great shot!

I dont think I am going to put up my tree this year.. but here's a pic from last year with Monet:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Great shots :D :clap::clap:. No tree for us this year - my cat's will trash it again this year. We put up a couple of those small fiber optic trees. :wavey:

morningrl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
One block shy of Crazyville, West Virginia
I must be lucky... 6 cats inside, 2 of which are under 6 mos. and yet no one has climbed into the tree (yet
), they get under it and sometimes I find a stray bulb int he floor... but not too much damage.

Love these pics though..

cattoys

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Us here too, Christmas tree is surely fun and good hang out place for kitties.