I Haven’t Introduced Them Yet...

Serenity24

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Last year I got a kitten, I named him Logan.
He’s my best friend, sleeps when I sleep, wakes up when I wake up. He sleeps next to me. On Sunday just gone I accepted another kitten, I named her Sakura. She’s beautiful, I’m struggling with the separation process. Logan slept next to me, I’ve now got Sakura in the room he sleeps. I’m missing him, even though he’s just in the other room.

It’s more me than him, I’m struggling not having him next to me. I’m really asking myself was getting Sakura a good thing?

I accepted Sakura so I will not give her up. That’s not my nature. My boyfriend has offered to have her, (until we move In together) because I didn’t expect to have these feelings of being away from Logan. I feel awful and full of guilt. I’ve been crying with feeling so bad..

Although this isn’t permanent, I’m just struggling as what to do.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2:

How old is Logan? And how old is Sakura?

Timmer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
As said above, this is temporary and eventually you will have to two cats together and both will probably sleep with you. Trade them out. Don't give every night to the new cat. Switch them around. Give them a couple more days and introduce them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Serenity24

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
As said above, this is temporary and eventually you will have to two cats together and both will probably sleep with you. Trade them out. Don't give every night to the new cat. Switch them around. Give them a couple more days and introduce them.
Thank you. They’ve met eye to eye a few times. (Logan comes into the house via my bedroom window). She’s seen him, sniffed backed away and hissed. I’ve started the scent rubbing and got a Feliway plug in to help.