I have to carry her to her litter box

linda carella

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We gave our cat Gwen a flea bath. Her litter box is in our bathroom . I caught her 3 times pooing on the floor In
My living room. Of cause I blamed my dog the first time never ever thinkingthat my Gwen would do that. So I carry her to her litter box and she poos and pees in it with me there? This is everyday. How can I make her go by her self. I moved the litter box to the other bathroom. But I still carry her to the box . Does cats have to pee and poo everyday or am I just being nervous that she will do it again on the floor. She is eating and drinking. She will not even go in my bedroom and sleep on my bed that is near the bathroom were we gave her a bath. I just don't know what to do if we go to my daughter s house for an over night visit.

catpack

TCS Veteran
Kitten
Purraise
Is the not using the litter box a new behavior since the bath? Is Gwen having difficulty moving around? Or is she just scared to go in the room? What flea shampoo did you use on her?

Yes, cats should pee several times a day. My cats poop 2 times a day on average; but, that will depend on diet.

slykat12

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Cats should poo once a day and my baby pees 2-3 times a day at least. You scared the bejeeses out if the cat who linked the litter box with the trauma of the bath. You need to put the box were the cat feels safe and show her where it is several times a day.  

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

linda carella

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My Gwen is moving around . Sits by the window or sleeping on the couch. We did not use flea shampoo we used dawn liquid detergent. I will keep showing her the litter box . I think we scared her . I hope this works