I have some good news and some BAD news

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Allie, I'm SO sorry. I was hoping you'd have better news. Smudgie's red blood cells did that too. We're here for you - I'm only a PM away. I'll think of you and Lola a lot today, ok?

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
There really aren't the right words for times like this. We all are there for you in any way we can be. Bless little Lola and her will to fight.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so very sorry. I wish her to be comfortable for her remaining time.

hell603

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh gosh - I wish I could make this all go away - be strong for Lola's sake and know you have done everything possible for her - I am sure she knows too!!!!!!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Allie, I'm so sorry to hear that she is so far gone.

It is hard giving support online, because there is so much we can't see, can't feel, that we can in person. We hope against hope for a miracle, because that's the best we can give to you. But I was just thinking...in Lola's case, just as in Smudge's case, perhaps the miracle already happened. Lola is in a wonderful home, with such love surrounding her. She found someone so special that she could know a lifetime of love in a short time. And she found someone who would love her so unconditionally to give her the absolute best, to do what is best for her, no matter what that is.

I wish Lola comfort in her remaining time. Even as ill as she is, I feel so much love from you and from her in your posts.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Smudgie's red blood cells did that too.
Yeah, she DID test positive for EXPOSURE to the Coronavirus, but negative at the higher dilution that would signal the mutation responsible for FIP. It's very possible, according to the vet, that all of these symptoms are complications from a coronavirus mixed with the fact that her immune system is shot. Based on her retest results, her weight, her activity level and her unwilling-ness to eat, it's pretty clear that she is suffering. She ate another few bites of kibble this afternoon and is still into cuddling, but really nothing else. She is getting very thin and very weak. She hasn't been coming to me anywhere near as often as she did before.

Is it bad that I feel like I feel much better once she has actually gone to the bridge and found peace? This is tearing me up to watch her go downhill. I just need to say goodbye...

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lionessrampant

Yeah, she DID test positive for EXPOSURE to the Coronavirus, but negative at the higher dilution that would signal the mutation responsible for FIP. It's very possible, according to the vet, that all of these symptoms are complications from a coronavirus mixed with the fact that her immune system is shot. Based on her retest results, her weight, her activity level and her unwilling-ness to eat, it's pretty clear that she is suffering. She ate another few bites of kibble this afternoon and is still into cuddling, but really nothing else. She is getting very thin and very weak. She hasn't been coming to me anywhere near as often as she did before.

Is it bad that I feel like I feel much better once she has actually gone to the bridge and found peace? This is tearing me up to watch her go downhill. I just need to say goodbye...
No. That's exactly how I felt. A relief that he was at peace, even though for MYSELF, I didn't want him to go.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

No. That's exactly how I felt. A relief that he was at peace, even though for MYSELF, I didn't want him to go.
I think everyone here, Leo and Lola included, just want this to be over. I want Lola to be healthy and happy and playful again, and at this point, the only place where that can happen is over the Rainbow Bridge. I'm not a religious person, but I have a lot of non-specifically-directed faith, and I know that she will find peace wherever we go after this life (but I DO really like the idea of teh rainbow bridge). There are some goodbyes to be said and some final mementos to make and then, I think it will be her time to go. The diuretics are making her even weaker right now. I took her off the Clavamox because she was fighting so much...I AM Still trying to get a little food in her, just so the pain won't be so great and her liver won't shut down the way her lungs and kidneys are starting to do. She such a beautiful girl...I wish I could just save her forever for myself, but that would be selfish.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I am so sorry Lola isn't doing well. There is nothing wrong with wanting her to be free of pain and at peace. You are such a wonderful Meowmy to her. I am wishing you, Lola and Leo peace and comfort.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

Allie, I'm so sorry to hear that she is so far gone.

It is hard giving support online, because there is so much we can't see, can't feel, that we can in person. We hope against hope for a miracle, because that's the best we can give to you. But I was just thinking...in Lola's case, just as in Smudge's case, perhaps the miracle already happened. Lola is in a wonderful home, with such love surrounding her. She found someone so special that she could know a lifetime of love in a short time. And she found someone who would love her so unconditionally to give her the absolute best, to do what is best for her, no matter what that is.

I wish Lola comfort in her remaining time. Even as ill as she is, I feel so much love from you and from her in your posts.
you're doing the best you can for her, making her as comfy as possible for her final days.

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

... perhaps the miracle already happened. Lola is in a wonderful home, with such love surrounding her. She found someone so special that she could know a lifetime of love in a short time. And she found someone who would love her so unconditionally to give her the absolute best, to do what is best for her, no matter what that is
this really is beautiful Heidi - what a beautiful thing to say.

I really wish i could say or offer more but at least know our thoughts are with you right now
there is nothing wrong with wanting her pain to end at this stage... little Lola, your so brave sweetheart - kisses to you on that little nose of you - we are all so proud of you

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry. I remember that time well, when my Mattie was so sick with FIP. It is difficult to know when to let them go, but it sounds like you are doing a great job of putting her needs over your needs.

Hugs to you at this difficult time, Allie. I will keep you and Lola in my thoughts and prayers.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by huggles

this really is beautiful Heidi - what a beautiful thing to say.

I really wish i could say or offer more but at least know our thoughts are with you right now
there is nothing wrong with wanting her pain to end at this stage... little Lola, your so brave sweetheart - kisses to you on that little nose of you - we are all so proud of you
SOOOO true!!! Beautiful, Heidi!

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All has been so beautifully expressed and I have nothing to add except that my thoughts are with you and all you are going through.