I Have No Idea What She Is! Help?

SophieX

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey guys so i have been compleatly obsessed with finding out what breed my fur baby nala is, i know she isn't any kind of pure breed but i would love to find out what she resembles! I have tried all sorts of websites and i cant even narrow it down.

A little about her:
-She is very playful (sometimes a little too playful judging by the scratches all over my hands)
-She is definitely not a lap kitty i just swoop her up when i can to get a big cuddle from her (she lets me for a limited amount of time)
-She wont sit on my lap but she has to be next to me on the arm of the couch or in the same room as me. Also sleeps at my feet on the bed. FB_IMG_1514091423030.jpg SI_20170210_042030.jpg
-She rarely cries unless im asking her if she wants her dinner.
-She is a very shy cat she loves her immediate family but will hide in a bedroom if anyone else comes around.
-Her best friend is the hamster!

Oh and she will be 3 years old next march!

Any input would be amazing! Thank you in advance ♡

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SophieX

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I see she is very sweet! I would like to see a good photo from the side too.

Is she biggish medium or smallish?

Hey thank you very much! I would say she was pretty medium sized? But heres another picture maybe i should have added in my post, i dont think i have a side pic but will try snatch one!

Screenshot_20171224-104550.jpg

SophieX

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She reminds a little a Norwegian with that face and bicolor. But Norwegians tends to biggish.
Do you think she is full size already? She was a little ball of fluff when she was a baby
If thats any indicator too? FB_IMG_1514133012094.jpg
(When i first got her) also she was smallest of her siblings.

sabian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She is very pretty! I definitely think there is big breed ancestry there. I can see StefanZ StefanZ point in NFC. Her ears appear to have lynx tips and are fairly big which could be an MC trait but not exclusive to MC. Her muzzle reminds me more of MC but her paws look some what smallish. I also think there is a smaller breed mixed in but can't pinpoint anything certain. No way of telling for sure with out papers or DNA test. You can get a DNA kit at Basepaws.com and Catster.com had a promo code "CATSTER" you use for a discount. I don't know if the code is still good but you can check at the site. I got one and it was $70 with the code and would have been $95 without. Maybe @abyeb and 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine will weigh in here with more insight for you.

Last edited:

SophieX

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh, as far as size. She may get a little bigger but I wouldn't think much more at the age of 3 but large breeds are known to grow up to 4 or 5 years.

Thank you and thank you so much for your input! I will definitely consider a DNA test!