I have LaPerm kittens - new litter

rene

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Two beautiful curly little LaPerms were born on Friday - the mom, Turtle Dove, is a tortie LaPerm- her kits are black and white and cream - they are big babies and seem to be thriving. They are the first LaPerms that will be under my new cattery name, Pentaclecats. Since Michele placed the LaPerm she so nicely socialized for me, I have asked her to take the babies and mom home with her because she has more evening time for them than I do right now. The Turkish Angora rescue has me a bit crazed/ Anway, I know Michele will take pictures of the babies and post them-

frannie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Mich, the pictures better be posted by the weekend. Congrats on the new litter.

Frannie

frannie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Mich, I'm holding you to that. I need to smile at this time. Thanks in advance for the pics.

Frannie

bodlover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Im waiting for the pics now too......oooo I cant wait to see them!!!
(I would also love to have them all, but, alas I am toooooo far away
)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rene

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sorry - I still have the babies (they will be two weeks old tomorrow) because Michele needs to work with a very upset and scared five year old Siamese so I can place him. The kittens right now have conjunctivitis and are spending the weekend at the vet so they can get their eyes cleaned five times a day, which we can't do. I promise to take their pictures very soon. They are adorable.

bodlover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ok, any pics yet? Im holding my breath here!! - you don't want a death on your hands eh?!!! C'mon c'mon....I want some babies to drool over...... :laughing:

donna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I saw the babies on Sunday. They are SO cute. I want to name the female red tiger .(is THIS okay Frannie???) one Joanie, after my mother cuz she had red hair

hattkatts

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Rene,
Congratulations on your new LaPerm litter. Let me tell you about a similar situation we had with our last litter of LaPerms. Momma had 8 and after a week or so of their eyes being open we would discover a couple would have their eyes stuck shut in the morning. We would use a warm washcloth to soften the gunk and then put some Terramycin (sp)ophthalmic ointment in them, only to have the situation occur again within a day or two. We came to discover that the whiskers were so curly that they were curling up into the kitten's eyes, causing the irritation. We clipped the whiskers, put ointment in the eyes for a day or so and the problem was over. By the time the whiskers grew back their faces had grown and changed enough that the whiskers no longer went in their eyes. I don't know if you might be having the same problem but it's something to look for in future litters, saving you some Vet bills.
BTW, one of our Momma cats is expecting a litter due Sept. 25, and we have a few kittens left from the last litter, short curly hair, females.

Pete

butterpaws

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi Rene!

Congradulations! When you have your new website up with pictures you will have to join the LaPerm site ring. I would love to see pictures of your new babies!
I have some babies as well right now, little solid white curly boys that are growing in leaps and bounds!

Martine Sansoucy
Butterpaws Reg'd LaPerms
www.geocities.com/lperms
[email protected]

Originally Posted by Rene

Two beautiful curly little LaPerms were born on Friday - the mom, Turtle Dove, is a tortie LaPerm- her kits are black and white and cream - they are big babies and seem to be thriving. They are the first LaPerms that will be under my new cattery name, Pentaclecats. Since Michele placed the LaPerm she so nicely socialized for me, I have asked her to take the babies and mom home with her because she has more evening time for them than I do right now. The Turkish Angora rescue has me a bit crazed/ Anway, I know Michele will take pictures of the babies and post them-

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have to say, I have never heard of LaPerms before, but viewing butterpaws website, I have to say, they are really beautiful.