I have just found out that my kitten is an African Wildcat, Felis silvestris lybica

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

alkemist

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ahhhhhh, im devastated right now, i let nala out like usual to play in the yard, she hates being inside now & rather hunt & climb trees.

I let her out at 7 am, went back to sleep, & I walk out my door, shes in her laying pose, i call her & she didnt budge.

She hasnt been listening to me much lately, so i kept walking. & come back 10 mins later, shes in same pose, so i go to pick her up, & shes stiff.

Idk what happenned, i didnt hear any cats, at first i thought maybe she fell down from the tree but theres no blood.
She was super healthy & energetic when i let her out. Only thing i can think of, was last night there was a huge beetle, like 2-3 inches, ive never seen one this big,
Nala went for it, & suddenly ran away. My friends made fun how shes scared of a beetle, so i brought her back bc she loves eating insects, but was petrified of it.

I havent googled whether the beetle is poisonous i doubt it, ahhhhh. Ive never had a pet before, & i feel like **** i was better off never taking her. I just spent the past few mins dlting all her pics of fb & ig; i really dont want to remember her, it really sucks. The house is so quiet, shed follow me around, watch me cook & lay there while i did dishes.

Im sorry to mess up ppls moods, i just had to vent, my friend saying shell find me another but i had nala since she fit in my palm.

Is it possible to delete this thread? Im going to miss her like crazy when it sinks in, i just wish i knew what happenned

tsukiyomi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ahhhhhh, im devastated right now, i let nala out like usual to play in the yard, she hates being inside now & rather hunt & climb trees.

I let her out at 7 am, went back to sleep, & I walk out my door, shes in her laying pose, i call her & she didnt budge.

She hasnt been listening to me much lately, so i kept walking. & come back 10 mins later, shes in same pose, so i go to pick her up, & shes stiff.

Idk what happenned, i didnt hear any cats, at first i thought maybe she fell down from the tree but theres no blood.
She was super healthy & energetic when i let her out. Only thing i can think of, was last night there was a huge beetle, like 2-3 inches, ive never seen one this big,
Nala went for it, & suddenly ran away. My friends made fun how shes scared of a beetle, so i brought her back bc she loves eating insects, but was petrified of it.

I havent googled whether the beetle is poisonous i doubt it, ahhhhh. Ive never had a pet before, & i feel like **** i was better off never taking her. I just spent the past few mins dlting all her pics of fb & ig; i really dont want to remember her, it really sucks. The house is so quiet, shed follow me around, watch me cook & lay there while i did dishes.

Im sorry to mess up ppls moods, i just had to vent, my friend saying shell find me another but i had nala since she fit in my palm.

Is it possible to delete this thread? Im going to miss her like crazy when it sinks in, i just wish i knew what happenned
That feeling of wanting to forget isn't rare nor is it really odd but with time it does pass and if you lose all of it you will likely come to regret it. I know it's terrible suddenly losing an animal you care about having lost one of my kittens last month to FIP. Thinking she just had a simple stubborn URI only to be given a death sentence and losing her the next day. You have my sympathy though.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss. This wasn't your fault. Anything could have happened. Unless a necropsy (autopsy) is done, you may never know. One of the mods could tell you if the thread can be deleted. It probably can but as mentioned above, you might change your mind and want to come back and go over it later on down the line. You loved Nala and she loved you, too. That can never be taken away. Please be kind to yourself right now. You didn't cause this. 

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear this.

There may have been something wrong with her since she was a kitten. I've had seemingly healthy young cats die suddenly like that too. At least she had a few happy weeks with you, she would have had a lot less if you hadn't picked her up when you did.

I know you feel like deleting this thread now, but you might want to look back on it one day. Just try to focus on your happy memories of her.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:hugs: I'm so sorry for your loss. No words can take away the pain. You made sure that Nala's last week's were happy ones. That's an incredible gift for any cat. Her time was too short. Rest in peace, gorgeous little girl :rbheart:

Status
Not open for further replies.