I Have a Very Strange Foster Cat...

Tigger's Mum

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Fluffy's owner visited on Sunday. I'd made a batch of Scotch Perkins the evening before. These are made of flour, oatmeal, sugar, syrup, ginger, cinnamon, all spice and one egg. They're really nice biscuits (cookies).

Fluffy's nose was twitching and she put up her paw. I gave her a tiny piece thinking she wouldn't eat it. Well she did and loved it so much we can't eat them now in her presence. I think if she could, she'd eat the whole lot.

Her owner had a good laugh but he is missing her terribly.

I did have a Siamese cat many years ago that liked custard creams (another biscuit/cookie) and would steal them off the plate. She also liked ham and English mustard and loved curries.

Some cats do have rather strange tastes.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
My girl adores cheese.. I know it's not unusual for cats, but with her it's out of control.. she tries to climb me to get at it. Also, potato chips. :dunno:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tigger's Mum

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
All our cats love cheese. When our dog was alive, he also loved cheese - made giving him his worm pill very easy :flail:

The late Tia and Chico both loved drinking tea. My son left a lukewarm cup of tea in his room while he went to the bathroom one day. He came back to see Chico, head in the cup, ears folded back licking the now empty cup. That was when he discovered Chico loved tea. Tia did the same. I'm safe from that as I'm a coffee drinker.

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Lily once walked casually into a chip bag, took a chip and sat down next to us to join in eating. We were quite dumbfounded. She also loved lettuce. You couldn't drop a piece on the floor without her snatching it.

Nobel loves butter. If you leave a toast on the table with butter unattended, it's now his to lick.

Magnus find the smell of coffee offensive, yet proceeds to want to know what's in the cup each morning. We tell him it's coffee, yet he wants to sniff and then acts like we forced it to happen! 🤣

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tigger's Mum

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Fluffy's owner visited yesterday. I told him I'd bought our Kira a new collar (3 black cats, collars make quick identification). It was a pack of 2. One is black with diamontes and a cute bow, the other the same but pink. One for Kira and one for Fluffy. Both collars have quick release buckles. Kira is used to wearing collars, Fluffy is not. Her owner assured us the collar would be off within a few minutes. Nope. Fluffy is wandering around, proud as punch with her pretty pink collar.

Fluffy's owner stayed for a couple of hours and was surprised she was still wearing the collar when he left.

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Fluffy's owner visited yesterday. I told him I'd bought our Kira a new collar (3 black cats, collars make quick identification). It was a pack of 2. One is black with diamontes and a cute bow, the other the same but pink. One for Kira and one for Fluffy. Both collars have quick release buckles. Kira is used to wearing collars, Fluffy is not. Her owner assured us the collar would be off within a few minutes. Nope. Fluffy is wandering around, proud as punch with her pretty pink collar.

Fluffy's owner stayed for a couple of hours and was surprised she was still wearing the collar when he left.
You chose the right one for Fluffy! Nobel will only wear pink ones. Too!