I have a possibly dumb question about food.

Krienze

Officially a cat lady now. No regrets.
Super Cat
Purraise
My cats eat the weruva wet. Usually the stew/hydration ones. We moosh fancy feast and tiki cat mousse (alternated) up into it and the cats love it. They eat solid gold dry.
I spent months trying to find a food mixture that they actually eat, don't poop their brains out on OR throw up and this mixture seems to be it for me.

I remember they really loved the B.F.F but we stopped buying it because I was afraid adding more foods would upset their stomach. Since it's made by weruva, does anyone know if buying it would be ok or if it's so different it would upset their tummies? They have it on a good price at the moment and I was thinking of picking up some cans to store.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Rotating brands of any canned food is fine :) No need to transition.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
They have it on a good price at the moment and I was thinking of picking up some cans to store.
One thing nice about this is that it's likely made in the same processing facilities with many/most of the same ingredients and a similar nutritional composition, so you should be ok :)

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Though I agree with Furballsmom Furballsmom and LTS3 LTS3 -- most cats are okay with alternating foods from the same company -- since you said, Krienze Krienze , that it took you months to find mixes that would work for the cats, I'd probably reintroduce the old-new BFF foods very slowly. Beyond the question of the cats' digestive systems, dietary changes can stress some cats out. You might also compare the ingredients: if all the BFF ingredients are in the other foods, you'll probably be pretty safe adding that food. But if not, slow is good. In our experience, thickeners (instead of meats/proteins) are problems.

Good luck!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Krienze

Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks all!

Wanted to double check before I bought any. They always liked it, but I just stopped buying it when we were on our search. I don't want to phase the hydration ones out at all, but def would like cheaper options to mix with their food since we go through so many cans

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Krienze

Super Cat
Purraise
Of course when I go to buy the B.F.F, I notice weruva that I buy is on chewy! I have noooo idea how long it's been there. Still gonna get the B.F.F but laughing a bit!