I Have A Female Cat Literally Peeing On Us While We're In The Bed

Faikey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This black foster cat rarely slept with me on the same bed because of the hierarchy of my main coon and the other short hair being more dominant and therefore got prioritized cuddle rights at night. Now there's enough room for the black female cat and the other female cats to all snuggle on the bed together (before I slept on the couch in the living room). They're also more comfortable with each other (the black cat is a foster).

I've been fostering them for about 1.5 months but now in this new environment the black cat is literally PEEING on us. Like on the pillow. Not spraying, just peeing on the pillow next to our head. No where else. I noticed it first when she went to pee where our male cat had sprayed (yes all the cats are fixed!).

I am fostering this cat for a little longer and this behavior absolutely cannot continue. Does anyone have any tips? I'm used to cats spraying but never actually peeing on my shoulder and hair twice. I can probably keep her out of the room I rather prevent her peeing in the first place.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. I am not 100% sure I fully understand where she is peeing, but if I have the right picture, I would throw out that pillow and buy a new one. The pillow is the only thing she is peeing on, yes? That being the case, you are probably not getting the smell out and odds are with a pillow, you never will.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I would confine her to a different room overnight. You need to sleep peacefully and she needs to get back in the habit of using her litterbox consistently before she should be allowed back in your room. If you don’t want to toss the pillows then it. It plus anything the urine may have touched needs to be doused with enzyme based cleaner and then laundered.

I have only had one cat ever pee on me and that was the first night in our new home. While she seemed to be okay that day, I awoke that first night to her peeing on my hip. I think she was just too nervous to leave the bed to go to the litterbox. Perhaps your girl is also feeling nervous?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Faikey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I actually did the normal cat stuff I do when I have a cat spraying.. she has her own box and she was kept separate from the new cats with no issues.. it's only since she's been allowed to sleep on the pillows with me and my bf with the other cats that she's literally peeing on us. Like on our heads while we're sleeping. Not spraying but full on bladder empty soaking through the pillow and mattress. Like a dog peed. It doesn't smell as badly as cat spray it just is bizarre. Spraying I can get. But no cats ever sprayed on the actual bed where we lay down. And I've never had a cat pee on us while there. She doesn't do it when she's left alone on the bed all day same deal with the other cats. But does it...when we're there and she's snuggled up near us then random pee. Happened twice. No where else. Washed the sheets like crazy. We do have a Male that sprays here but he doesn't really sleep where she peed or anything which made it weird. Shes also a really relaxed cat. Not one to get in fights. Super friendly. I would think uti if it happened literally more than these 2 times. Shes a foster cat and this is her first time sharing the bed with all of the cats so..maybe she doesn't know? I believe she may have been feral before because her ear is clipped. I had her checked by a vet when I got her because she started vomiting everything until I found a good cat food for her. Just strange behavior. Thanks for the tips

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Washing alone doesn’t remove the scent. You need to use an enzyme cleaner like Natures Miracle as well to fully remove the urine.

If this girl hasn’t had a full vet check she needs one. Could be a urinary tract infection, bladder crystals or even diabetes.

Faikey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'll bring this up again with the owner. And sorry when I meant wash I meant I used the appropriate methods for washing cat urine Haha. I rescue and foster cats since I was 16 and I'm used to the urine. Unfortunately it's near impossible to rid the apartment of items that were sprayed on in the past..I just go by my allergies haha

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you checked her for a UTI? Crystals? Asssuming she is healthy.

It sounds like stress pee to me. I would be looking for ways to reduce her stress ...... plus an enzyme cleaner and waterproof mattress /pillow covers are a must. I would give her extra attention and have open litter boxes in your room ..... one by the head of your bed (for now.)

Since you mentioned a male cat spraying I would take a black light to your room and see if he marked it.

inkysmom

Inky's legacy - Belly rubs CAN tame feral cats!
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cat did this, started peeing on the bathroom rugs. Then on the futon in the living room. I took him in for a check-up and it's cancer. Managed it with chemotherapy and pain meds. He stopped peeing. I had to have a large open kitty litter and clean it daily.
He started peeing again. The cancer came back. More chemo.
He stopped. Supposedly cancer free these past few months. Acting completely normal, running, jumping, playing, eating.

A couple of weeks ago I woke up and he'd peed on my bed. Two big spots in different places. Never peed on my bed before. Only the futon. I increased his pain meds to twice a day and two of them after talking to the oncologist.

He stopped and seemed happy. A week later he randomly broke his hind leg. No fall, no crash. Indoor cat, just suddenly crying and can't use the leg. I rushed him to the ER. Compound fracture. They did a bone biopsy and sent him home.
He doesn't eat so I bring him back three days later after trying to get appointments with the pain clinic and oncologist.
This time they rush the tests I've been asking for. Cancer everywhere and severe heart disease. His other hind leg could also break.
He's home eating, drinking, purring and demanding tons of hugs and giving me love bites. He's on heart meds and pain meds. I called one hospice vet today but will call the one I used in the past tomorrow when she's back in town.
Years ago my old cat peed on my bed right in front of me. I took her in and she had a UTI.
The cat is saying something hurts somewhere. Please get a vet check up. Always rule out medical causes for any sudden drastic behavior change before just assuming it's a behavioral issue.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat did this, started peeing on the bathroom rugs. Then on the futon in the living room. I took him in for a check-up and it's cancer. Managed it with chemotherapy and pain meds. He stopped peeing. I had to have a large open kitty litter and clean it daily.
He stopped. Supposedly cancer free these past few months. Acting completely normal, running, jumping, playing, eating.

A couple of weeks ago I woke up and he'd peed on my bed. Two big spots in different places. Never peed on my bed before. Only the futon. I increased his pain meds to twice a day and two of them after talking to the oncologist.

He stopped and seemed happy. A week later he randomly broke his hind leg. No fall, no crash. Indoor cat, just suddenly crying and can't use the leg. I rushed him to the ER. Compound fracture. They did a bone biopsy and sent him home.
He doesn't eat so I bring him back three days later after trying to get appointments with the pain clinic and oncologist.
This time they rush the tests I've been asking for. Cancer everywhere and severe heart disease. His other hind leg could also break.
He's home eating, drinking, purring and demanding tons of hugs and giving me love bites. He's on heart meds and pain meds. I called one hospice vet today but will call the one I used in the past tomorrow when she's back in town.
Years ago my old cat peed on my bed right in front of me. I took her in and she had a UTI.
The cat is saying something hurts somewhere. Please get a vet check up. Always rule out medical causes for any sudden drastic behavior change before just assuming it's a behavioral issue.
Inkysmom, I am so sorry!

Faikey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Have you checked her for a UTI? Crystals? Asssuming she is healthy.

It sounds like stress pee to me. I would be looking for ways to reduce her stress ...... plus an enzyme cleaner and waterproof mattress /pillow covers are a must. I would give her extra attention and have open litter boxes in your room ..... one by the head of your bed (for now.)

Since you mentioned a male cat spraying I would take a black light to your room and see if he marked it.
She hasn't peed since those two times this week (on the bed. Shes peeing in her box) and yes the place is def. Marked the hell. All the cats are fixed but 2 females and 1 Male cat still spray pretty consistently

I just want to say amazing advice for every cat owner right here. You're totally right, small changes in behavior are immediate signs of concern. I'm so sorry you're cat is going through this. Poor furbaby is a trooper.

I had a cat who peed in weird spots when I was younger that i rescued and later adopted out to another family. The vets didnt see anything wrong with him when I originally brought him in but I guess a few years later of him peeing like this I adopted him out and a little over 6 months later the family messages me that the cat had died. Apparently the night before the cat started having difficulty walking and was in severe pain and dragged himself to the litter box. Instead of taking him to the vet that night they waited until the next day but woke up to find a dead cat in the litter box. I never found out the actual cause. I wonder now if he had cancer.

This little black cat is a foster cat and according to the actual owner she has psoriasis on her back tail. I actually immediately asked her if we could take her to the vet for a check up. She told me she already had. Her daughter now told me she isnt sure. I'm going to inform her of my concerns again and take the kitty to a vet for a basic blood panel just to make sure nothing is strange.