I Have 2 Beautiful Kittens, What Breed Are They?

What breed are our girls?

• Possibly Tabby’s?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Possibly solids?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Sporterwatson

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
3937507B-DB1F-4A7C-B8F8-FC85096FE981.jpeg
Hello,
I rescued 2 kittens from the spca. They were both born Aug. 21, 2018 from the same litter according to the spca. They labeled them DSH tabby’s. I’m not sure if that’s correct. Annie is blk/white and Alex all grey with white paws and white tummy. Please help me figure this out. They have definitely gotten bigger since we brought them home. They are very playful and want to be loved on all the time. We love them so much.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! Welcome!!
When there are no breed specific papers documenting breeding parents and lineage, the term domestic shorthair is used for shorthaired cats.
In your babies case the use of the word tabby is not correct since they don't have stripes, dots, lines or swirls.
They would have been more correct using the word moggie :) or just using DSH, I think.
They look so content and they are beautiful, I'm very glad they have you!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sporterwatson

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
You have no idea they are the best. I’m going to look into moggies because they aren’t even a year old yet and they have grown so huge. Very playful with each other and the kids. Very spoiled lol. The grey one is more independent. Thank you for responding.

Sporterwatson

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi again! I hope I didn't mislead you, moggie is another general term that isn't breed specific :)
Oh, we were typing at the same time lol
No I did the research after your post an learned exactly what you are saying. I have to say I wish I knew what breed they were. But I don’t mind having big cats. I wouldn’t trade them for the world.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep their breed would be Domestic Shorthair like the SPCA said. They just got the coloring wrong. Tabby is a coat color/pattern which yours do not have. Majority of cats have no specific breed ancestry like dogs do. They are just Domestic.

Sporterwatson

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yep their breed would be Domestic Shorthair like the SPCA said. They just got the coloring wrong. Tabby is a coat color/pattern which yours do not have. Majority of cats have no specific breed ancestry like dogs do. They are just Domestic.
Thanks. I’m wondering should I get them to change their paperwork at least tonsay the correct things?

Sporterwatson

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Me too. I’m considering doing the cat dna kit thing to find out more about them.