I got new little girl!!

mainecoonmama12

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My boyfriend knows how much I love Maine Coons and Siamese cats, and when we were trying to locate the Siamese cat's owners, we checked Craigslist, and I found a Maine Coon/Siamese mix. She's a year old and is just stunning. Her owner had to find her a new home as soon as possible, and wanted to be the one to choose the new home, as opposed to just dropping her off at the shelter. For $50, we got her, her litter box, food, a cat tree, and litter. We mostly got her, so Chewie wouldn't be alone anymore, he needed another Maine coon. Right now, she's set up in the bathroom, so she gets used to everything, because the poor thing is terrified. We've been reading up on introducing them and leaving her out. She and Chewie did meet, and they didn't really hiss, until she got really scared, but neither was really aggressive to the other, which I take as a good sign. She badly needs to be cleaned, and unfortunately she has not been fixed yet, so that's something we have to go do then as well.

rickr

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She is so beautiful.  You will find lots of good advice on cat introductions on this site.  Hopefully, she and Chewie will become best of friends.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mainecoonmama12

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She is so beautiful.  You will find lots of good advice on cat introductions on this site.  Hopefully, she and Chewie will become best of friends.
Thanks you! She retained her Siamese coloring, but has the sound and bone structure of a Maine Coon. And I hope so! I think they will be, eventually! :lol3:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She's gorgeous!!  

We have a very helpful article on introducing cats here

http://www.thecatsite.com/a/how-to-successfully-introduce-cats-the-ultimate-guide

Getting her spayed ASAP is definitely the way to go. Some Humane Societies offer vouchers for low cost spay and neuter. if you need help finding low cost spay and neuter clinics in your area, let us know what part of Florida you're in and we'll be happy to help you look for one. 

Last edited:

mainecoonmama12

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She's gorgeous!!  :love:

We have a very helpful article on introducing cats here

http://www.thecatsite.com/a/how-to-successfully-introduce-cats-the-ultimate-guide

Getting her spayed ASAP is definitely the way to go. Some Humane Societies offer vouchers for low cost spay and neuter. if you need help finding low cost spay and neuter clinics in your area, let us know what part of Florida you're in and we'll be happy to help you look for one. 
Thanks for the article! We actually taking her to get her spayed on Wednesday. I live in Orlando, and the Orange County humane society has mobile units, and if you go to the mobile unity, it's $20 to spay and $10 to neuter. So, we're definitely going to do that, I think. I think once she's spayed a lot of her aggression should go away, our biggest thing is we don't want her to spray, and there's feral cats all around the neighborhood, so we definitely don't want her to get out, and we get additions. She also is gorgeous. She's very sweet as well, she's got the lap cat-ness from the Siamese. Apparently her mother was a purebred Siamese and her father a purebred Maine coon, so she's going to be a big, big lap cat. :clap: :catguy:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
She's a real beauty!  Maybe she'll train you to "make the big lap."  When I'm sitting all curled up in my chair, and Hekitty wants to get in my lap, she will sit by me and paw at my knee until I stretch my legs out and prop my feet up on the coffee table, then she lies full length along "the big lap."

mainecoonmama12

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well, she and Chewie have been doing some playing with each other, today they've played together for probably 25 minutes, then, Chewie started being a bit too playful, so Lilly-Belle started growling, in which they were separated. But we got a whole 25 minutes! 

lavishsqualor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats on your beautiful girl!

Hey, I'm in Orlando, too!  Where is the mobile clinic going to be on Wednesday?  I have few strays at one of my complexes that I want to take in.

Thanks!

mainecoonmama12

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It'll be at the YMCA in Downtown. I tried to go last week, and we were the second ones there, but people kept skipping us, and one woman said she'd fight us if we tried to do anything. 

lavishsqualor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG that's terrible! 

What time did you get there?

I guess I should wear my bullet proof vest.  :(

mainecoonmama12

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise