"I GOT MY CAT STONED!" :)

doreet

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
NO, IT WAS CATNIP!!  NOT POT!!  I bought this great cat nip from Bulkapothecary.com  they have such good catnip she started to curl up like a frisky bunny instantly when she smelled it, tried to rub up against the catnip/(I I know it can get them sexually aroused.)  Then she ate some, but got more subddued. I think she's hiding or went to sleep.  Maybe it  was too strong?  this bulkapothecary co. has very high grade catnip. and I never saw a cat get such a fast reaction. to catniip in my life.

Does anyone know if the strong catnip makes them sleepy or more doppy?I  thought she might have more fun and feel like she's enjoying herself. I know cats eat catnip in the wild, and its good for them. But this does seem to be pretty intensely strong catnip. she's had catnip toys before,but this place sells pretty good well grown catnip. (Just out of curiosity, catnip does nothing to humans? just wondered.)THANKS!!  

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cat nip is used by humans, usually made into a tea. Cat nip can make a cat very playful, burning a lot of energy, then kitty will usually sleep to restore energy. Cat nip does not make cats "sexually aroused". Biology and hormones are the only thing that gives a cat sex drive, after they are spayed/neutered they don't become "sexually aroused".

If your cat is not yet spayed, please do plan on having her done as soon as possible. Glad she liked her nip. I grow cat nip, so my cats are pretty ho hum about most commercial brands. :)

Last edited:

jodiethierry64

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I live in Colorado. I don't need cat nip. Ha-Ha

No seriously I don't touch the stuff. I just thought I'd add some humor.Ha-Ha