I got hit on and they laughed at me too…. And it kind of hurts…. And makes me uncomfortable….and makes me die inside, just a little

Stormy accepts you

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Today these teenage boys hit on me because I call all drive through customers honey out of politeness and pure southernness. They asked if I had any honey sauce. One then showed me his shoe and asked me if I would have sex with him. I answered with “why would I want to do that?” I shrugged it off... but what if they come back? They made me feel so dirty… not to mention uncomfortable. I’m sorry if I seem to complain and whine a lot.

Biomehanika

Toxoplasmosis Mind Control Slave
Adult Cat
Purraise
Trust me, they didn’t do it because you call people honey, they did it because they are immature kids trying to show off in front of their friends by being inappropriate and getting a rise out of you. It could have been anyone, but it just happened to be you there, they’re just teenage boys being doofus’, don’t let it bother you because it has nothing to do with you personally, just them being dummies.

I don’t think they’ll come back, but if they do, me personally? If they said something similar? My tactics are probably not the most socially acceptable ones, and it would be risky to do while working, but in similar situations I’ve always said something REALLY out there to shock/embarrass them in front of their friends, that make them heavily question saying such things to strangers again. For example… (mods please don’t get mad at me lol)

Dumb kid: Huehue, wanna have sex?

Me: Oh my gosh, yes! I’ve been searching for a nice young lad to peg with my new 14” strap-on but I haven’t been able to find anyone up to the challenge! *big creepy smile while holding direct eye contact*

Something like that will almost always leave them dumbfounded and lead to them quickly scurrying off while their friends laugh at them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Stormy accepts you

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Trust me, they didn’t do it because you call people honey, they did it because they are immature kids trying to show off in front of their friends by being inappropriate and getting a rise out of you. It could have been anyone, but it just happened to be you there, they’re just teenage boys being doofus’, don’t let it bother you because it has nothing to do with you personally, just them being dummies.

I don’t think they’ll come back, but if they do, me personally? If they said something similar? My tactics are probably not the most socially acceptable ones, and it would be risky to do while working, but in similar situations I’ve always said something REALLY out there to shock/embarrass them in front of their friends, that make them heavily question saying such things to strangers again. For example… (mods please don’t get mad at me lol)

Dumb kid: Huehue, wanna have sex?

Me: Oh my gosh, yes! I’ve been searching for a nice young lad to peg with my new 14” strap-on but I haven’t been able to find anyone up to the challenge! *big creepy smile*

Something like that will almost always leave them dumbfounded and lead to them quickly scurrying off while their friends laugh at them.
I’m gonna try that one thank you so much. That made me laugh

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to work in retail and had similar problems with that sort of thing - it is a THEM problem, not you, so don't feel dirty. 100% not your fault or anything. You did not invite or cause any of this, you were just being friendly and professional in a customer service job, and they decided to twist it. They were just being idiot and immature pigs. They should know better. If they come back and they make you feel uncomfortable tell your manager or supervisor, they will be obligated to make sure their employees feel safe and take any actions necessary. It's inappropriate and harassment after all.

Hugs! Hang tight :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs: Don't overthink it or take it too close to heart, don't waste your time, mind or energy thinking about some dumb dumbs. Relax and take care of yourself at home. Unfortunately, it is a common occurrence in the service industry - it shouldn't be, of course. But you won't be at this job forever either!

Don't worry about whining either, we all need to vent once in a while. Life is stressful out there :lol:

Stormy accepts you

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks, y’all . I’m glad I joined this place. It feels more like home than home ever does. It feels like my cats. Peaceful and full of kindness and caring. Y’all have successfully made me feel okay again, and I’m not just saying that.

Stormy accepts you

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Admittedly, this place feels a lot like Supernatural too. I don’t remember how I got addicted but I’m perfectly content and probably won’t be going anywhere anytime soon

VAMama

Cosette's maid
Adult Cat
Purraise
Some day in the future there will be a professional man with a family, reflecting on how stupid he was as a teenager, and cringing that he propositioned a woman in a drive through. Here's to hoping you haunt him in his dreams!

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Teenagers do stupid things and think it's hilarious. I think of some of the stuff we pulled at that age (nothing quite that gross, I promise), and cringe a little at how idiotic it really was. In a few years, those kids will think of this day and wish they could apologize to you. Brush it off if you can. If you hadn't been at work today, they would have done the same thing to anyone else. My guess is it was probably some kind of a dare.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
People kind of go a little crazy when they are teenagers. Hormones are in full production and it takes a few years for brain development to catch up to put the brakes on.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
People kind of go a little crazy when they are teenagers. Hormones are in full production and it takes a few years for brain development to catch up to put the brakes on.
I remember when I was 12 telling my mother that I didn't want to be a teenager, because as far as I could tell teenagers were crazy.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can tell you they would NOT be near as brave saying things like that if their friends wern't there. I myself would ignore them after saying, "You know, you are showing how ignorant and immature you are saying things like that, GROW UP!!!!"

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would get cat called all the time when I was younger. 99% of the time it was just dumb boys thinking they were cool. And only ONCE have I ever had a "repeat offender", so no, they won't be back...Don't even worry about that. I would usually just ignore or roll my eyes at them...but other times would engage by sizing them up in a obvious way, like when guys look you up and down real slow, make an "ew" face, like you just smelled something bad, and just reply "uh no thanks"...and just walk away. Usually their friends will start laughing at them.
As for the "repeat offender". He was just a kid who would loiter at the mall I worked at and would yell out "You're hot!" every time he walked by the store...:rolleyes3:
Don't ever let yourself feel dirty or even uncomfortable for that matter...they're just dumb boys acting out. They probably wouldn't even know what to do with themselves if you actually accepted their advances. They're just scared little hormone filled, walking penis heads at this point of their lives, so pay them no mind.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That is so very much something I would do.
I would find any man nearby who was built like a linebacker and offer them $10 to pretend to be my husband for 5 minutes, so I could ask the kids to run it by him first. :lol:

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was 17 I worked in a family restaurant. Police officers came in occasionally, we gave them free coffee. There was one who hit on me several times and kept asking me if I wouldn't like to sit in his cruiser. He asked me some personal questions, and my reply was that it was none of his business.

I guess my point is, it's not just teenage boys who are a$$es.

And one thing that made me happy was later I read in the paper that he had been demoted.