I Get Hives From Dr. Elsy Ultra Precious Cat Litter

ryanb4614

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Make a long story short. We had our Cat for a few months, first cat we ever owned. For months I was getting random hives that we first thought was bug bites but then got worse and worse into hives. Went to a doctor to get allergy test. Everything came back negative. In the meantime our cat got spayed. All hives went away. So I swithed litter to yesterdays news per the vets instructions. After that period I wanted to try out a different pellet litter and got the Breeze system. Our cat would use the Breeze system but would not cover her poop, pee smelly. So we just switch back to Dr. Elsey Precious Ultra and within 24 hours hives started again. So I am sure we found the culprit. Odd I know. But I am not going through the hive episode again. Any recommendations on other litters. Breeze system was ok but too stinky and not covering the poop would make a mess scooping it out. Would like something clumping, don’t cat if clay. I have read so many reviews and Dr. Elsey is always number one.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oddly, the one I've had best luck with is Litter Maid natural clumping litter, made from corn. It clumps well, does a decent job of odor control, is dirt-cheap, and Hekitty LOVES it! I got a bag from WalMart one month when I was really shy of funds, and have never gone back to the more expensive litters.

lorenaavila

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have used lots of different clumping litters and so far the best for my litter box is Fresh Step Simply Unscented. I am actually trying lots of different brands of clumping litters in order to post an article about the best litter for my automatic litter box. That's the one I can recommend you the best, although I don't know if the component that causes you the allergy could be found on this cat litter as well.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You might try one of the all natural litters such as World's Best or Naturally Fresh from Blue Buffalo.