I found this little guy as a stray and I cant help but wonder if he has some kind of siamese or ragdoll in him

Rissriss

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hes a little over two months old right now. Hes been to the vet and hes on some meds rn because he was a sick kitty when I found him. His personality is amazing. He LOVES people and other animals. He hates being alone and constantly needs attention. Hes totally okay with being man handled and has never hissed at me once which is quite different from my other cat who I have had for three years now.

He looks like he may be a fluffy cat because his rear is quite fluffier than my domestic short haired cat which has made it a little bit of a struggle when he poops. He has grey tipped coloring and the rest of his body is pure white and hes super soft.

Also his ears look a little gross the vet flushed them out due to a yeast infection, may have to be flushed out again I'm not sure.
Snapchat-313618484.jpg

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Very nice "exemplar"! :) Yes, with that tail he should be a longhair, kitten fuzziness or not... Also, the seemingly shortish legs are quite common with longhair cats. If its for real or an optical illusion, I dont know. :)

Seems to be a blue point, and thus, domestic longhair, blue point.

What breed we cant know. Many a mixes could give this looks. We know he isnt not a fresh mix out of a modern persian, nor modern siamese or orientale, but he can be almost anything else... Including your typical street moggie, but here nicely packaged into a longhaired pointed appareance.

In other words: both you and him won one of the highest lotts on the lottery of Life. :)

ps. Looking closer, he seems to have the renown tabby M on his forebrow. If its ghost marking or for real, Im not sure. You will surely see it more clearly with time.
also, not impossible he has some white on him...

So I will write the full description, but Im not sure on every detail. Simply take away what isnt true:

Domestic longhair, blue LYNX point with white.

Errata, a misprint happened. its lynx, not seal.... sorry. seal means black. We had already said he is blue = grey.

Last edited:

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your kitten is adorable! I would describe him as a blue lynx point (tabby point) domestic longhair. Most cats are not any particular breed. Pointed cats darken with age, so you will see the markings get stronger and clearer as your kitten gets older.

As far as the difference between blue point and blue lynx point... Looking for a "tabby M" on the forehead can be a little confusing in pointed cats, because solid pointed cats frequently also have faint ghost markings on the forehead, especially when young. I do however see several other clues that suggest that this kitten is a lynx point rather than a solid point:
  • Reddish / pinkish nose leather with blue outline... (blue point cats have solid blue noses)
  • Light colored whisker pads... (blue point cats have darker whisker pads)
  • Light rings around the eyes
So with all that, I feel pretty confident that this kitten is a lynx point. It's a very pretty color :)

blue lynx vs blue solid point.jpg

Sylvia Jones

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Great pics to go with the description. I love it when lutece weighs in on a thread. And Rissriss your kitten is precious

i see fire.

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I definitely agree with StephenZ. :)

One of my kittens - Pantalaimon - is a moggy. His tabby and white mother went out and about and got herself knocked up. When I asked the owner about possible males, he said the only males around them where black and white cats. The female ended up having one black kitten, two blue lynx points, and a seal point (Pan). It is possible that he could be a mix, but outside of a controlled breeding environment, there is no way to tell.

Now, a kitten I was going to get, his family was in a controlled breeding environment. His mother was a calico, dad an orange tabby. He ended up being a flame point. :)

I tried looking for possibly characteristics in the face and body structure, but at the end of the day, I'm doubting it. xDD Ironically, the cat behind him in the photo is a Siamese mix.

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I definitely agree with StephenZ. :)

One of my kittens - Pantalaimon - is a moggy. His tabby and white mother went out and about and got herself knocked up. When I asked the owner about possible males, he said the only males around them where black and white cats. The female ended up having one black kitten, two blue lynx points, and a seal point (Pan). It is possible that he could be a mix, but outside of a controlled breeding environment, there is no way to tell.

Now, a kitten I was going to get, his family was in a controlled breeding environment. His mother was a calico, dad an orange tabby. He ended up being a flame point. :)

I tried looking for possibly characteristics in the face and body structure, but at the end of the day, I'm doubting it. xDD Ironically, the cat behind him in the photo is a Siamese mix.
So in Pantalaimon´s litter there were 3 points and 1 non point? The parents COULD be two non pointed carriers. But the statistics is heavy for 1 non pointed carrier parent, and one pointed parent.... So someone here must be a "crypto" point, ie a point but where its not clearly visible. Sometimes its not apparent! Because you say, not momma nor the males around are points.

Alternatively, it could of course be a wandering male... Fertile males, toms, can move quite long distances to cover up quite large districts.