I Found A Pregnant Cat At My High School

ashekitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hey guys!
On Tuesday at my after school play rehearsal, I was waiting for my scene in the prop room off stage. Out of the corner of my eye, I see a kitty hiding in the corner. She appeared to be friendly, so I scooped up the kitty and was going to put her outside (we have a ton of outdoor cats that aren't strays in the area.) Then when I picked her up, I noticed she seemed pretty pregnant. It was obviously not just fat. I decided to call the animal shelter, and they said that if she seemed pregnant to bring her in, they would scan for a microchip and confirm her pregnancy. So I brought her in, and called two days later. She had no microchip and no one had come in for her. They agreed that she was pregnant. After she has her kittens, they will make sure to spay her and her kittens once they are at the right age and then adopt them out. I'm just really grateful her and her kittens won't be in the streets and maybe have more babies!
Here is a picture of her!
catcat.jpg

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you for helping this sweet girl and her babies. Cats always seem to know who will help them when they need it the most. The world could use more caring people like you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ashekitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you guys so much! I am excited to tell you that the shelter I brought her to is very nice and they have lots of help, so someone will probably be fostering her from before she gives birth until her kittens are grown enough to adopt out!

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's good that you were able to catch her and take her somewhere she and her babies will be taken care of, they are much better off there than on the streets.

Have you considered volunteering? Shelters can always use people with the animals' best interests at heart. Just because you're still in school doesn't necessarily mean you can't, the rescue I was volunteering at had a few teens doing work in the Cat room, they just had to be supervised and couldn't do medication.

ashekitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It's good that you were able to catch her and take her somewhere she and her babies will be taken care of, they are much better off there than on the streets.

Have you considered volunteering? Shelters can always use people with the animals' best interests at heart. Just because you're still in school doesn't necessarily mean you can't, the rescue I was volunteering at had a few teens doing work in the Cat room, they just had to be supervised and couldn't do medication.
Yes I do want to volunteer! I especially want to TNR. I am moving soon to a different state, so when I get there I’m going to join a program. I’m really excited!

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You are a hero! If everyone in the world was like you, we could make stray cats and dogs a thing of the past. I hope you end up volunteering at a shelter one day. I'm sure this beautiful kitty is very grateful for your help.

ashekitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you everyone for the kind words! I think I’m going to drop by the shelter on Tuesday to see how she’s doing. If you guys want, I can give an update on her!