I finally let them go...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kazy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
10/29/09

I let Torao out on Monday morning. But he has been coming inside every night! Thus, there is no missed dose of antibiotics.
It looks like he is little more bolder inside the house. Yesterday, he was downstairs and trying to tell me something. Leo was not yet inside, so I thought he was waiting for him. But he kept staying downstairs even after Leo was in. I wonder what he wanted….? He liked playing with DaBird night before at stair way. I wonder he wanted playtime again?

It is miserable day today. Raining hard and cold. Both boys still went out but Torako refused. I brought her down and opened the door in front of her. She turned around and walked back upstairs! I hope she is behaving OK in the house.

ink

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wow! I just finished reading this entire thread. What a time you have been through. I am so happy to see that your kitties like being inside now. Your heatbreak in the begining was hard to read, I am glad you and the kitties are better now. I love that you have continued the thread for so long. I will keep coming back to read it as long as you keep posting in it. I love hearing about your kitties. Kudos to you for all you have done to help them be comfortable both inside and out. You are an awsome kitty momma!

kazy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks ink.
I don't have much ups and downs with kitties anymore, but I will keep writing if this will benefit and encourage others. Kitties DO understand human's indentations. That's why our kitties are the way they are ...

kazy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
11/3/09

Little bragging to do….
Torao was on antibiotic for about 1 week. Few days ago, he came inside at night, but wanted to go back outside again. What's the harm for missing one dose? I decided to let him out. Skipping morning does is no big deal…
But I decided to give him pill in side of cheese ball anyway in the morning and he swallowed it good!
Ever since, I don't force him chees (pill) ball anymore. I give him little chees ball and he chews once or twice and swallows it! What a good kitty he is! May be he knows chees ball is to cure his bladder issue? (I did send message about that many times at the beginning).
We only have few days worth of pills left. I don't think he would miss any dose.

Day light saving time ended and outside gets darker sooner. Kitties are coming in earlier now. Torako seems to like staying inside more than staying out. She goes out in the morning and comes in as soon as we come home around 4 pm. She sometimes doesn't want to go out in the morning either. But I force to let her out. Once She turned around at the open door. I didn't force her that time. She eventually wants to go out when it's warmer or rain is stopped.

ink

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm happy to hear that Torao is taking his medicine so well now. Sounds like Torako would prefer to be an inside cat more than an inside/outside cat,LOL.

kazy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
11/28/2009

Our kitties had Turkey for turkey day! I wonder turkey make them sleepy also. After eating turkey, they just went to their room and slept. Leo usually comes down at night and asks for play time, but he was just tired.

FancyFeast was on sale at Costco, so I got a lot of them. I use to feed FancyFeast, but switched to AristoCat while ago. One thing I noticed this time was that FancyFeast seems to have more solid compared to Arestocat. AristoCat has more liquid! Maybe FancyFeast is better stuff after all?
Also, Torao prefers dry and he is not a big fan of wet food. But he was eating FancyFeast! Something must be different. I have tried many different “better†wet foods, but our cats donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t really care for them.

kazy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
1/10/2010

It's been long time!
My account was locked up by accident and I was unable to post anything.

Our kitties are doing well.
Torako comes inside first right after it's dark outside.
Leo stays in the yard and sometimes waits for Torao there. Then they come inside by 7PM.
It looks like they come inside earlier when it's cold. They come later when it's mild outside.

I hope they continue to come inside even when day gets longer and outside gets warmer...

kazy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
1/11/2010

It's nearly 10PM and it's still 50 degrees! I know the rest of the country is having snow storm. Here in the Puget sound area is like Spring! My tulips are coming out already.

Leo and Torao are still outside. It was raining heavy all day long and they must have spent most of their daytime inside of their cat house. Torako didn't bother to go out today.

My daughter always says "they are at Nyaraoke (Karaoke) box!" or "attending neighborhood cat meeting". I always wonder how far they go.

kazy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
2/6/2010

Torako came home abound 8pm but chose to go in to cat house immediately rather than coming inside.
I wonder why??
I called few times but she didn't come out.
I waited 1.5 hours, but ended up opening the cat house.
I guess she was just taking nap there. I brought her inside anyway.

Again, I become impatient when change happens. I should have waited until she came out by herself.

Tora has been doing good. But he will not let me touch him anywhere else except inside of cat room.
I wish it becomes easier as time go by…

I have plan to go on vacation for 2 weeks in June. I would like to take all three of them to the cat boarding place. If Torao stops coming inside as weather get warmer, it may become difficult to catch him. I do not want to leave him alone.

kazy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
2/14/2010

Puff sighting!
All kitties were enjoying the sun on top of patio table. My daughter and I were sitting inside. Then I have noticed different cat eating out of the dish right by the sliding door.
At first we thought that was Torami, (missing Tora sister) but took a better look at it and it was Puff. I donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t think female cat would spray, or do they?
Puff was much bigger but looked smaller and thin this time. Or our cats are big and fat??

First Leo noticed and then Torako. Then Torao got up and followed him. Puff went out of the gate with out any incident. He must be a very brave cat to come steal food right in front of three cats. Or, he must have been very hungry.

This is the 4th year in row to see him visit our yard. I guess our neighbor hood has enough fresh kill to make him survive. I wonder how Konne and Torami are doing…

kazy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
3/16/2010

It was full moon and very warm yesterday. We went up to 65 degrees.
We had cooler days that this in August and July last year.

There must be something to do with full moon and cats. They always go out and don't come back until late.
I happened to be up later than usual. Thus I was able to let Torako come in around 1AM. It looks like Leo and Torao didn't come back until 2:30am. That's first time since November for them to spent night outside. Leo came inside in the morning and Torao stayed in the cat house most of the day. They seemed very tired. I think they sleep best in the room.

walter

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Wow, I second what Ink says after reading the entire thread, you are an excellent kitty momma and I just hope I get the chance to help Walter, like you have helped your kitties. Keep us updated.Well done

kazy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We thought winter was totally over, but we are back to November weather pattern. Kitties come in when it's rainy and cold outside. But sometimes they choose to stay out at night. I am sure more critters are out of hibernation now.
We are going out of town for 2 weeks in June. I made reservation with very nice cat boarding place. I have no problem catching Leo and Torako even if they didn't come inside. Torao is different story.
He does not let me touch him outside. But he totally melts once he is inside and he sometimes calls me to demand petting.
I kept sending him vision of the situation. If he doesn't come inside everyday with other kitties, he will be left alone in the yard; all humans and kitties are gone and he would be lonely. I am sure he got my vision. Ever since, he always comes in. When he didn't come in, that was when other 2 didn't come in. I hope this trend continues and he would understand.

When Torao comes inside, sometimes he demands Leo to come to him. He meows and meows to call him. Leo often ignores him. There was once Torao was meowing right in front of him to come with him. But Leo pretended that he was sleeping. Torao is still insecure inside. Probably he is insecure outside also. That's why he is not fully open. But he is much better than 1 year ago. Whenever he is inside, He demands belly rub and he comes to me for petting. Occasionally, he comes downstairs to look for me. (He comes down to look for Leo often, though.)

My goal right now is to take all 3 kitties to the boarding place together and no one is left behind.

kazy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
4/22/10

Torako is in to hunting lately. She catches something almost every other day. Today, I saw her catching a little bird. Then she ate the entire thing!
I knew she sometimes does this and ends up vomiting most of it. I don't think beak and feathers digest very well.
She catches rodents, too, but never eats them. I wonder if birds taste better? The other day, she brought little mole. It was kicking and alive. As soon as it stopped moving, she lost her interest.
Leo and Torao catch rodents sometimes, but not as determined as Torako. I wonder hunting urge runs stronger in Torako since she is female?

Weather here is very strange. We had almost summer like weather then go back to November weather.
I just brushed all kitties when we had summer day. As expected, a lot of winter coat came off. Then, weather became November again. I wonder if kitties are feeling cooler with all winter coat gone. Or do they quickly come back on demand?

kazy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
5/14/2010

In mid June, we are going out of town for 3 weeks. I have arranged to take my kitties to the cat hotel.
Kitties want to stay out all night more and more. But I think Torao will come inside for my love once in a while even when other kitties are out. If Leo comes inside, he would come with him. I just hope I would be able to take all 3 kitties to the hotel. If worth comes to worth, I need to lock Torao up in the room for few days.

Last night Leo and Torako came inside right about when I was about to go to bed. They came in, so I played with them a little and lock them up in the cat room. Around 3am, I start hearing Torako trying to turn the door knob. That managed to wake both my husband and I up. My hubby was not happy about that at all. My daughter taught Torako how door opens by turning the door knob. Ever since, Torako scratches the door knob. So far she has never been able to open it, though.

We are having summer day today. I will not wait for kitties to come. I left plenty of food out there. Rainy cooler day is coming on Monday. I am sure they will come inside then.

kazy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
5/22/2010

First bunny of the season!
It's been unseasonably cold in Seattle area. That's why kitties didn't bring bunny until now.
I knew right away that they brought bunny because of the sound of bunny hissing.
They are really in to hunting this past few days.
Yesterday, Torako caught a bird. Then, Leo and Torao were chasing mouse up to our cherry tree. Here is the picture of Torao trying to catch his mouse in the tree. Mouse is on the limb at far left.

He looks like Cheshire cat from "Alice in Wonderland". (LOL)

Then following day, they brought bunny.
It was shortly after my daughter's return from her 2 night school camp. She said kitties brought home her welcome gift.

kazy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
6/9/2010

All kitties are inside the cat room tonight!
Weather has been terrible around here and cats have been coming inside every night this week.
They are going to cat hotel tomorrow. (http://www.cat-spaw.com/)
They will be in the Family suite. This place is pretty far from where I live, but cheaper for multiple kitties and room is much bigger. Owner is a vet technician, too. I am taking bunch of my kitties belongings. I hope they would feel at home...
Rest of my human family are excited for Japan trip coming up on 12th, but I am too anxious about our kitties field trip.
After I drop them off, I would be able to get excited about my own trip. (LOL)

kazy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
6/13/2010

Kitties are safely in kitty boarding place and we are in Japan now.
My daughter and I visited kitties day after I dropped them off.

They seemed little scared but seems to be adopting fine. Torao seemed scared most. Torako was least scared. She seems to be very curious.

I miss them terribly. But they are in safe place and I am so thankful that everything worked out.

mtbee

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
WOW that is some journey you've been on with your cats. They are beautiful. I was so worried reading the beginning of this thread... now I feel much better knowing that they decided to keep you as their mom!