I fell in LOVE today at a cat show!

lakeriedog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My hubby and I went to a cat show this afternoon at the Alameda County Fair Grounds in Pleasanton, CA and I am now in love with Bengals. We have five precious non-pedigree holders sharing our home, and I have always wanted a Maine Coone. I still love the Maine Coone, but, oh those bengal kitties were darling.

The cat population at my home has averaged at between three and seven for the past eighteen years, and I've always said that I wouldn't buy a pure bred kitty while there are so many in residence, but they were so CUTE!

louse76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
There was a thread on here about one that was being given up for adoption. I would have so loved to get him. I bet he may be still up! You should adopt him!!

blondiecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know Bengals are so beautiful, I want one so bad but alas I can't afford one and Ken would whip my backside anyway. You could check the rescue groups for that breed and maybe able to adopt a rescue kitty that way

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That same thing happened to me. I saw a Bengal kitten for the first time in person, and I feel in love with him. The next day I bought him. Today, he's a part of my family. He's a little character, that's for sure. I have two Siamese cats, and I always thought they were extremely active, but my Bangel puts them to shame.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lakeriedog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the advice about rescuing a bengal, that is a great idea! Although with five kitties, I think I will hold off until we have a few less in residence. I saw the post about the bengal but I think that was New York and I live in California. That is too long of a trip for me, especially when there are so many right here at home. I will start researching the rescue websites in preparation....

bengal cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Here is my new show kitty Voodoo. I also fell in love with Bengals and now I breed them.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bengals are cute no wonder you want one.

I agree having a search round the local rescure centres for a bengal is a good plan.

Good luck.

fuzzmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Voodoo is gorgeous!!!!

I'm still looking and hope one day to have one. I'm on the bengalcatrescue list always checking. This is the first time I ever wanted a purebred anything.

Bengal Cats - Good luck with Voodoo...btw..love the name!! Something tells me he's going to spread that black magic around.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by lakeriedog
Thanks for the advice about rescuing a bengal, that is a great idea! Although with five kitties, I think I will hold off until we have a few less in residence. I saw the post about the bengal but I think that was New York and I live in California. That is too long of a trip for me, especially when there are so many right here at home. I will start researching the rescue websites in preparation....
I know someone who transports cats via air for $150 from anywhere to anywhere.

I would fall in love with a Bengal if I saw one too! They are just beautiful!

aiko

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I can't blame you for falling in love with those Bengals. That would be my second choice .. (1st choice was a Birman) and then.. a persian. I think I am in love with all kitties. They fill my
with joy!