I failed Attitude

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I was so heart broken to read this post. But as everyone else has said, you didn't fail her, you saved her. Now she is at peace

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

taryn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I know it wasn't my fault and I didn't fail her but it just feels like it, she was just so young.

Thought I'd post some pictures:

Our first picture of her, she was so tiny:

Last pictures of her, in the kitchen sink:

Somewhere in between, curled up sleeping:

Attitude and Nuts together on the bed:

The only picture I have of all 3 together:

and just because I can:

He was 3 in this picture.

Taryn

gloriajh

FERAl born “Pepper”
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh this is just so sad Taryn!

I think you did the right thing with Nuts - he'll know where she is.

When you put your heart out there - especially with creatures that have a shorter life-span than us humans - you already know that when they leave you will have a broken heart - but we still choose love despite that knowledge .

Sometimes I find myself almost grieving even before they leave because of dreading the heartache that will follow.

Taking them into my heart - well - I wouldn't change that decision.

Thanks for the photos - she was loved!

I cry for you and your loss, be well Sister.
g

orpheygene

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Taryn, it's all been said but I'm so sorry. I know the heartbreak you're feeling. It will get better and when it's time to open your heart to the next kitty - you'll know. Till then, try to heal and take comfort in the knowledge that you gave her a great life and a lot of love, right up to the very end.

mer636

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Im very sorry for your loss and from what I can tell you did everything you could for your baby.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

taryn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
There was no hope. The vet called me with the results of the fungus culture even though she knew Attitude was gone. It was negative, so this would have ended the same way, I had already said if it was negative chances are she was going to be put down anyways.

I miss her. I want a kitten but Paul refuses to get another cat or kitten. It only makes it worse.

Taryn

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww..those pictures are adorable. I'm sorry your husband is not willing to agree another furbaby in the house right now. Taryn you are still grieving, and have had two losses not so far apart. I understand your desire to be needed. You are so used to taking care of Attitude that when she left, there is only this gaping hole that was once filled with all the things you had to do for her.

I know you said Nuts is more bonded to him than to you, but perhaps you could try spending some special time with him.