i dunno what to think

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylea

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cloud_shade

When anything happens to my kitties, I find that researching all of the possibilities helps me feel better. That way, I feel more prepared to handle whatever is really wrong. Here are some sites that you might be interested in if you want to do some research:

http://www.2ndchance.info/cough.htm

http://www.vetinfo.com/ccough.html

http://www.catclinic.co.uk/health/cough.htm
Thanks for the info! cloud shade

Well Sakura was really bad this morning around 5 am. Her coughing was almost constant and her breathing sounded horrible when she wanst coughing. I put her in the washroom again with the hot water running. She coughed a few more times during but her chest sounded much better.
I'm thinking that she was bad this morning because we did play with her alot last night...She was sooo happy to play instead of laying around and pleading with me to be played. Today im not gonna play with her. If she wants to play she has her ball and can play by herself. I dont want to be responsible for making her worse.

So last night I only ended up with 4-5 hours of sleep but im happy i was there for her this morning.

Come on Monday!!!

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When my kitties are congested, I let them sniff the Vick's Vap-O-Rub. It seems to make them more comfortable, and they love the smell. It won't hurt them, even if they manage to lick a little of it. I have woke up several times with a kitty licking it off me when I have used it, with no ill effects.
I hope your Sakura gets better soon. Thanks for keeping us posted on her condition. Sending you "it's-only-a-cold" vibes!

kittylea

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Lol...i need all the "it's-only-a-cold" vibes i can get
Thank you

ktlynn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kittylea- I would check with your vet first before using the Vick's. I think I remember reading somewhere that cats shouldn't be exposed to it, but I'm not sure, so find out if it's definitely ok if you want to try it.

Leaving Sakura in a carrier may not be such a good idea - unless she loves being in it, it may just stress her out more to be confined.

Since you don't have a vaporizer or humidifier, boil a pot of water. Hold Sakura on your lap facing the pot. Make sure the pot is on a level, sturdy surface. Drape a large towel over the two of you to hold the steam from the pot so Sakura can breathe it in. Make sure not to let her get too close to the pot - you just want her to be exposed to the steam, so you don't need to have her face over the pot. Try to stay under the towel as long as she'll tolerate it. You can do this a few times a day (if she'll go for it!)

I'll be thinking good thoughts for you & Sakura tomorrow!

kittylea

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She loves being in her carrier. I can just set it on the floor and open the door and she just walks right in and lays down. She likes sleeping in there. Its her safe place.

But, well see how she feels after going to the vet in it.

kittylea

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well today went pretty well. She didnt cough since this morning until i got home from work and she got all excited when i walked through the door. Then she coughed quite a bit when my fiancee invited some friends over. Right now she's hiding out with me in my bedroom away from all the excitment.
I've been feeling doing well since my freak out this morning. I had a long talk with Eric (my fiancee) about her and how crazy and silly sakura is. He wants to thank everyone on this website for helping Sakura and I with good vibes and suggestions.
Sakura has been so playful and cuddly today. If she wants something she really lets us know. She's part Siamese and it's really coming out today. I havent seen her like this summer. It really makes me wonder how long she has been sick for.
Tonight I'll be going to bed early to prepare for her early morning coughing fit when she wakes up.

This is her begging to be played with yesterday

ktlynn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Kittylea - Hoping to hear some good news after your vet visit today!

What a cute picture of Sakura wanting to play... how could you resist that face?!

kittylea

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KTLynn

Hi Kittylea - Hoping to hear some good news after your vet visit today!

What a cute picture of Sakura wanting to play... how could you resist that face?!
what do mean resist? every time she gives a looks like that (which is almost all the time) I give in and play.

kittylea

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Her vet appointment went really good.
The vet couldnt her anything in her chest or breathing when we took her but she said that most likely that it was a cold that she did have. She said that Sakura is gonna keep coughing for the next while even though it seems that the cold is done and over with. Sakura may have asthma that makes the coughing a little more worse.
The vet checked her ears and they were really dirty way down inside so she gave us a small dose of drops incase its ear mites, she didnt see any but just incase. We are gonna go back in a month so she can recheck everything and make sure its all gone and give her vaccinations.

So I feel soooo much better. It still hurts to see her cough but i'll just have to keep thinking that she is on the mend.

Well she's begging me to play with her again so bye!

Thank you everyone for all your help. It was greatly appreciated!