I don't think her mouth can close anymore!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have been watching Twitch very close lately. She seems to drop quite a bit of food when eating. She has completely quit eating wet food(she only licks gravy). She will gum at a couple of pieces of wet food. It is like she wants to eat it but can't.

For those of you who don't know or don't remember, Twitch had all of her teeth removed a year ago.

I do a weekly check of her gums. I have noticed that she seems to be drooling quite a bit. She has drooled since having her teeth removed. Her mouth doesn't seem to shut tight anymore. At least, not like it did after her teeth were removed. I am going to hold off on any vet visits for now. It looked like her mouth didn't close right before, but Lily had bit it at that time. I am hoping that is all it is for now, but I don't think so. This time it seems different.

She has been cruising all around the house all morning. It is like there is a white monster in the house. All I see is a glimpse of her tail as she whizzed past the door. Occaisonally, she whizzes right past me through the office. I think she is pretending she is Super-Cat!

Anybody have any experience with anything like this?

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would make her a gruel out of babyfood and KMR if she were mine. and they can get gum disease easily even after all their teeth have been pulled

tarajason

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't have any experience with anything like this, but I wish you and Twitch the very best.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She was still walking around open-mouthed this morning, so I called the vet. I bumped up Coco's vet appt from next week to today. I took Twitch in at the same time. He checked her mouth, nothing, except for a little...is that a bite mark!?!? Apparently, Lily has been biting Twitch in the mouth a little more than I thought. I can understand that she is so enthusiatic to play, but she frequently sneaks up on Twitch to play & I think she ends up hurting Twitch. Poor baby. I am trying to think up ways to create places for Twitch to hide where Lily can't get to her, but Lily has gotten so big. With ambitious Lily & lazy Twitch, that could be a problem.