I dont my cat to get pregnant help :(

Bonbonche

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello fellow cat lovers. I have a female and a male cat in my house. The female gave birth to kittens they found homes last saturday and today male was scheduled for spaying but of course with my luck they mated this morning :( i saw them doing it once interfered but she still rolled around. Now im keeping them in seperate rooms until male goes for the procedure. I will ask the vet as well but is there any kind of medication that would stop my female cat getting pregnant? What can i do?

She's a witch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It would be the best if you could spay her now. Even if your boy will be neutered now he may still get her pregnant for another month or more after the surgery, so you’d need to keep them separated that long. Any chance to have your female spayed as soon as possible?
There are some “morning after” pills that you could get from vet but they’re not well researched with possible side effects, and they may not even work. So spaying would be the best option.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, as She's a witch She's a witch said, I would recommend having her spayed now. If this mating was successful, the fetuses will be so small that the procedure won’t be much more complicated than a normal spay (if at all). The sooner you can get her to the vet, the better.

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you get them both fixed at the same time? If it's only been a couple days then she won't be fully pregnant yet.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, get her in for spaying right away. The pregnancy hasn't implanted yet so it won't be any riskier. Call the vet and see when they can fit her in.

If it's a cost situation, either have her spayed instead of neutering the male right now (he can't get pregnant, after all, so he can wait a bit longer), or ask the vet about a payment plan. It's a lot cheaper than raising more kittens.

Willow's Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
inside of your imagination and/or smartphone app
The low-cost spay and neuter clinic in my town is excellent. I didn't want to use it because it seemed too much like an assembly line and they sounded classist on the phone, but I didn't have a choice.

They turned out to be wonderful. Willow's spay was so routine she didn't even seem to notice that she'd had major abdominal surgery. My rescue dog, who has anxiety and PTSD, was given extra special gentle treatment and also came through just fine.

Thank you for taking such good care of those kittens and finding them homes. I know that wasn't easy.

Uncled

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I concur with Willows Mom, my two were neutered at a low cost clinic and it couldn't have been easier for me and the cats.