I don’t know if my cats pregnant

Amber1033

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone I got my cat belle 3 months ago she’s an indoor cat and roughly 1 and half years. I was booked to get her spayed and chipped but the vets cancelled because of covid-19 they said to rebook when it’s all over. Round about 3 and half weeks ago belle escaped through kitchen window and I didn’t think about her being pregnant till this past week. She’s been eating loads and sleeping a lot more than she usually does and her belly looks a little more rounder.i don’t know if her nipples are pinking up because I tried to find pictures of it and didn’t know what they looked like. So just wondering if anyone can help x

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Unspayed female cats who get out of the house are almost always pregnant when they return. Can you call another vet who is open and performing spays? It’s still early enough to spay her.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Amber1033

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Unspayed female cats who get out of the house are almost always pregnant when they return. Can you call another vet who is open and performing spays? It’s still early enough to spay her.
Thanks for advice hun and It has to be that vet as I have a voucher that I can only use there for her xx

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Is this vet back open now for spaying? Or do you want her to have kittens?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Amber1033

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
it’s open but they said it’s not an emergency and I don’t mind if she is or isn’t having kittens xx

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well having kittens is very expensive and there is always risk of health issues for mom and the kittens. Kittens eat double the amount of an adult cat, as will mom. So a litter of 3 kittens will be eating as much as 8 cats. I went through a bag and half of dry, plus 40 - 50 cans of wet food per month for my foster mom and 3 kittens. Plus 2 bags of litter a month, sometimes 3. So if money is tight, it would be far cheaper to spay her then to let her have her kittens. Usually kittens will cost about $120+ each just to have their first vet check, vaccine and deworm. So if money can be tight, I would just get her spayed. Tell them that you think she is pregnant and having kittens isn't something you can have. They would understand :)