I don’t know if my cat is pregnant?!

vyger

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have four 7 month old kittens that were scheduled for a low cost spay clinic. The day before it was going to happen it was canceled because of the state shutdown. They all showed signs of being in heat. None of them are anymore. All of them are getting plump in the middle. I am about to have a kitten explosion, so are you.

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have four 7 month old kittens that were scheduled for a low cost spay clinic. The day before it was going to happen it was canceled because of the state shutdown. They all showed signs of being in heat. None of them are anymore. All of them are getting plump in the middle. I am about to have a kitten explosion, so are you.
oh God 4 pregnant cats? thats not good.. thats not good at all.. your going to go bankrupt trying to feed them all. Check local rescues to see what help they can offer.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
In spite of Covid-19 shutdowns, none of these cats/kittens would be pregnant if they were kept inside only and away from intact male cats. You can always assume that a non-spayed cat who goes outside and/or resides with intact males is pregnant when the nipples enlarge, pink up, and the belly gets round.

Here are helpful links:

How To Tell If My Cat Is Pregnant?

Pregnant Cat? What To Prepare For The Birth

How Do I Know When My Cat Will Give Birth?

Help! My Cat Is Having Kittens!

Why You Should Spay And Neuter Your Cats

“kittens To Good Homes” – How To Find A Good Forever Home For Your Kittens

:)

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Many vets are doing curbside drop offs. See if they will consider taking your cat in for a spay now, if you don’t want to raise a litter.