I Caught My First Feral

crazy-cat-lover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I set the trap tonight at around 9:30 and trapped a cat at 12:30. He/she is a new one that I have only seen a couple of times. It will be going into the vet first thing in the morning. It has a cold, and smells like oil. Poor little thing. It also hurt it's paw in the cage, that makes me feel horrible. Is there anything I can do for it's comfort? I will post pictures shortly...

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just take it to the vet. The vet will be able to help this cat. Cover the cage with something dark, leave enough space for air to circulate through and put the cat and cage somewhere dark and quiet till you get to the vet.

You can take a paper plate, and put wet food in it, fold it up and stick it carefully in the trap on the side the cat isn't on at the time. Water becomes a bit more of a challenge, which is why I use wet food instead of dry.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crazy-cat-lover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cat is so much more comfortable this morning. She was thrashing around pretty good last night. I will post pictures when I get back from the vet. I will be setting the trap again tonight, I have 10 cats to TNR!

jnhzoo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yeah!! Great job. I remember when I caught my first feral. she kept running back and forth and bashing her head into the cage. I felt so bad I wanted to just let her out. But I knew I had to have her be a little scared to make her life better. It is rough when your a cat lover. I have found if you cover them immediately they calm down almost instantly. Good luck at the vet, I hope all goes well.