I can’t handle this cat (TW)

Natalusky29

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
TW:SCARS,BLOOD AND SCRATCHES!!!!
I have a siamese cat who is bothering my female cats (four months old kitten and a 11 months old cat) the siamese is a 1yold,male and neutered.

I’ve been dealing with his aggression for a long time but today my female cat instead of running away she decided to face him and when he was running next to me I stopped him and literally he bit and scratched my arm...he will be in a playpen today bc I don’t have strength enough to handle him.

Planning on take him to an adoption center.

(Pd: I play with him every single day,give him enough attention but still nothing seems to be

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Natalusky29

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
* nothing seems to be enough...

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There are ways to deal with redirected aggression like that.
Re-directed Aggression In Cats – TheCatSite Articles

Just to be blunt so that you know what will happen---if you take a cat with a bite history to a shelter, they'll kill him. It would be more humane for you to take him to your vet and have him put to sleep so he doesn't die scared with strangers.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Just to be blunt so that you know what will happen---if you take a cat with a bite history to a shelter, they'll kill him. It would be more humane for you to take him to your vet and have him put to sleep so he doesn't die scared with strangers.
And due to cost, most shelters don't do it very humanely. Don't give the drug that knocks them out. Just the one that stops their hearts. 😢

Natalusky29

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

I love him and my mom loves him even more,I will not take him to a shelter if this behavior doesn’t show up anymore,I knew siamese cat are aggressive but he was a stray with coronavirus so I adopted him 😕

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Even if the behavior shows up again, what I'm saying is that it's inhumane to take him to a shelter, where he will die scared among strangers. That would be very cruel.

If you want to get rid of him and can't find someone who wants to adopt him, it's far more humane to have your vet put him to sleep.

Natalusky29

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Even if the behavior shows up again, what I'm saying is that it's inhumane to take him to a shelter, where he will die scared among strangers. That would be very cruel.

If you want to get rid of him and can't find someone who wants to adopt him, it's far more humane to have your vet put him to sleep.
Thank you very much for the advice,I’ve read what your reply and I’m going to give a try on clicker training to stop him from hurting the other cats and me since he knows how it works :)
This is gonna take me soooo looong but I guess that will be worth it

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For all your sakes do NOT touch or pick up or get in the way of a cat who is fighting or fleeing from a fight. The cat will not recognize you and will respond as if you had attacked him.

If you want to stop a fight throw a duvet over the fighting cats. This will distract them. By the time they work their way out of the duvet they will be calmer.

Do not touch a cat in flight or fight. That is like getting between two human males who are fighting or between two dogs who are fighting.They will not be aware of who you are. When a being fights they must concentrate completely on the fight. Instinct tells them to do this. They know if they don't they will be severely injured or die. It has nothing to do with you.