I Can't Find Lexie - Very Worried

piano cat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Haven't seen Lexie all day. Took the girlies their breakfast, Lexie got out. I heard a little mew, haven't seen her since. She usually comes right back to eat. But this morning only one girly supper dish was empty. Something wrong with the food and only Lexie ate it? But Hendrietta, Tuffy and Chinny also ate it and they are fine. Lucy and Derri, Lexie's now 9 year old babies, are acting funny. Like they are worried about Lexie too. Lexie always comes when I call her. But today, no. :( I've looked where I can but there are so many places a cat not feeling well could hide. I'm surprised she would hide from me even if she isn't feeling well. :(

I mean she got out of the room she was in, no way she got outside.

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A senior cat isn't super likely to find somewhere new to hide, so keep thinking about spots she has used in the past, as well as doors you might have closed - bedrooms, closets, garage. The meow you heard could be indicative of being stuck in a closet or the like.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

piano cat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Lexie is in the house. No closets were opened and shut. No screens are clawed open (that happened with a previous cat). Lex has a very small voice, if she's stuck and calling I can't hear her. Her kittens are going down to the basement, as if that's where she went, but I can't find her there. Only one food dish, of three, was eaten last night so the girly babies (9 years old) are upset. :(

Binxie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have had this happen a couple of times, both times the cats were found in the house in places I had no idea they would be. When looking I start in one room and look in, under, and above everything in the room and if nothing is found I go onto to the next room. She may have crawled under or into a space that she cannot get out of . In my instances one cat had opened a kitchen cabinet and was inside and it was actually another of my cats that lead me to her, in the other instance the cat was sleeping on top of a grandfather clock that was in the corner of the room, and she could not been seen because of the design of the top front of the clock, it was hiding her.

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Start in one room and search each place even if you think she couldn't possibly be in there. It sounds like she's stuck.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

piano cat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
FOUND and ok. I think I might cry from relief. She was behind the piano when I took her daughters down their supper at 9:00 tonight. Not stuck, she can walk in behind along one wall. And I did look there more than once but #1 Lexie is Tortie and White and dark on top, #2 once behind the piano she could get up in and under where my flashlight would not reach and #3 I don't think she was there the last two days anyway, I think she just went there sometime this evening. Little Hendrietta did a quick head swivel and look at the piano and I heard a rustle, moved some pictures stored behind on the accessible side and Lexie walked out. I feel sick from relief.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh the villain! So glad she's emerged again. I have moments when I can't find my two in a three-room house, and yes, even knowing they can't have got outside, it freaks me out with worry!