I can't.....because my cat is weird.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I have a runner rug in my hallway....or at least I did. Abby likes to vomit on it.

I've told this story before but one time I was shopping for a new rug for the hallway and I had a very persistent salesman that wouldn't leave me alone. I finally told him I was looking for a washable runner rug because my cat likes to vomit on it. I was allowed to shop in peace after that. :lol:

I couldn't tell you the last time I put the rug down. Abby has been vomiting on the bathroom floor instead. I cleaned on Saturday and asked my husband if I should put the rug out. He said I should but he only gave it two days before she vomited. She didn't even make the 24 hours. :headshake: Around1:30 this morning I heard the unmistakable sounds went downstairs and sure enough, there she was. I have no rug in the hallway again.

I can't have a rug in my hallway because my cat is weird. What can't you have?

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I can't sleep through the night because Iris likes to gnaw on Mocha like she's an ear of corn...and Mocha tolerates it for only so long before grumbling and slapping ensue. :lol: (They're both curled up against me.)

I used to not be able to leave tomatoes on the counter because Iris and Lily would jump up and either eat them there or drag them down and off into the other room--preferably to the light beige carpet--to eat them. But Lily crossed the Bridge at Thanksgiving and Iris is too old to jump on the counter now. 🙁

There are probably lots of things I can't do, but I haven't done them for so long that they're a way of life!

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Whatever I can’t do b/c of my dear cat is ok by me…he’s made it this far so deserves everything he can do! The cans and can’ts bond us together deeply and dearly.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
So man things: no Flowers, plants.. nothing plastic in here.. Geoffrey has a severe plastic fetish.. He will eat any
tiny and huge bit of plastic.

Basically; I cannot have anything nice in here... It will either get eaten or be vomited upon.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Have Christmas decorations up. Especially a tree. Sophie would tear through them like a furry tornado. The tree would be a jungle gym. I've asked DD many times if she thought we should try putting one up. She'd just roll her eyes and say, "Only if you want to see it destroyed in a day or less". This is the truth. He full name is Sophiesaurus Rex for a reason. :lol:

Go into my DD's room. We keep the printer in there (because the cat mentioned above cannot leave it alone) and every time I go in there and come back out, the girls stand at the door and yell. They are convinced that she's in there ignoring them. How dare she? She needs to come out so THEY can ignore HER. :angrycat::angrycat:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Have Christmas decorations up. Especially a tree. Sophie would tear through them like a furry tornado. The tree would be a jungle gym. I've asked DD many times if she thought we should try putting one up. She'd just roll her eyes and say, "Only if you want to see it destroyed in a day or less". This is the truth. He full name is Sophiesaurus Rex for a reason. :lol:

Go into my DD's room. We keep the printer in there (because the cat mentioned above cannot leave it alone) and every time I go in there and come back out, the girls stand at the door and yell. They are convinced that she's in there ignoring them. How dare she? She needs to come out so THEY can ignore HER. :angrycat::angrycat:
Geoffrey has decide my printer is another BED for him!! I have i6 on op of my 6 drawer chest. I have to keep a towel covering it; to keep the cat fur out!!

minish

minish first..
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I can't do pedicure or leave out the equipment with minish around. she attacks nail files. First I thought it was a shiny metal thing for her, but cutlery, mail opener.. Completely safe. She is weirder with the electric thingy. She gets revved up when I'm using the equipment, and when I turn it off, remove the attached pieces, she makes a flehmen response and abducts them. When taken away, she whines as if I had confiscated her live bug. When my skin and nail parts are attached to my feet, she shows zero interest.