I Believe My Cat Might Be Bengal Mix...?

Jillifer

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I believe that my cat is possibly part bengal. What does anyone think? He is so funny. He does not meow, he has a weird sound like a chirp or fake half meow like noise lol.

Attachments

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
He’s very cute! I’m not really seeing Bengal, though, at least, not recent influence, but maybe someone else can see something that I can’t put my finger on.

Bengals don’t come in that mackeral tabby pattern, only spotted, marbled, and rosetted.

How old is he now? If he’s full grown, he would be quite small for a Bengal mix as well. I would describe him as a brown mackeral tabby Domestic Shorthair.

Your orange kitty is very handsome too!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jillifer

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He is 7 months old. What first made me think of it was his meow it is so funny he talks so much. But it's like a chirp and other funny noises. Not like the typical meow of my orange tabby Carl Charly is different than most cats. He rolls over to have his belly rubbed and is so sneaky like a fox. Loves to play with water and is a funny fella. The noises are the best.

Jillifer

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I was thinking he may be mixed

Summercats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Not sure but tabby patterned cats are generally not part Bengal, as it is a frequently seen pattern.
He does not have the same tabby markings as found in Bengals, his head and body don’t appear Bengal. That said, Bengals are mostly domestic cat which gives them the tabby patterns associated with the breed.

Jillifer

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

I suppose I was going by the looks of these pictures. That is how he looks the pics I sent don't do him justice. He is always on the move lol. You only see the angle from me laying down. Anyway thank you for your response. He is a pretty cool cat and funny as heck. Bengal or no bengal in him he still cracks me up with his chirp and weird sounds and rolling over like a dog to have his belly rubbed and fighting water

Jillifer

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

This is when he was smaller but shows his markings better

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
he looks very very sweet. Makes me smile just looking at him.

Summercats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
As said, tabby is a fairly common pattern. There are different versions of tabby. Having a tabby coat does not make a Bengal or Bengal mix, as it is a common coat pattern....
Yes, Bengals are a made up breed by mixing domestic tabby cats with minor Asian wild cat DNA.
A kitten should be active if it is healthy.