I Am So Stressed

ZRBL

Sierra
Kitten
Purraise
So, a cat showed up on my porch a couple weeks ago severely malnourished with advanced gum disease. We got the gum disease issue under control, started feeding her... and realized she’s pregnant. I work with cats daily with my job. I even have three of my own. They are all fixed so it’s been awhile since ive dealt with pregnancy in a cat. Anyone want to help me estimate how long before she “pops”??

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ZRBL

Sierra
Kitten
Purraise
I’ve been trying to keep her in my house but every chance she gets she’s darts out she likes to sleep on top of a dog crate we have that sits level with our kitchen window haha

ZRBL

Sierra
Kitten
Purraise
And by haha I mean I get really stressed because I’m afraid she’s going to have them somewhere unsafe and she’s so irritable when you try to convince her to do things your way

frootloops20

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
And by haha I mean I get really stressed because I’m afraid she’s going to have them somewhere unsafe and she’s so irritable when you try to convince her to do things your way

Well thank goodness that cats usually have great instincts and can usually take care of them without our intervention at all! My mama cat had preemies and cannot take care of them properly. We have to monitor them 24-7 and also hold them or prop them up while they eat. I understand your stress lol! I think as long as they are born healthy she will do just fine and you will too. Prayers and good luck!

ZRBL

Sierra
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you so much! And bless your heart, I know the stress of newborn kittens too. I’ve fostered my share of orphans. I just wish I could read her mind so I’d know if she just wants to worry me to death! Good luck to mama and sweet babies!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Please do not let her outside anymore. She could have them anytime now, so she needs to be closed in a room with her nest, food, water, and litter. It is safer for her, the kittens, and less stressful for you!

ZRBL

Sierra
Kitten
Purraise
Please do not let her outside anymore. She could have them anytime now, so she needs to be closed in a room with her nest, food, water, and litter. It is safer for her, the kittens, and less stressful for you!
Doing my very best to keep her inside, it’s difficult considering I have to keep her away from all my animals. Every chance she gets she darts outside and refuses to be caught. I’ll try and keep everyone updated

marmoset

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Unsafe is anywhere outdoors. Can you keep her in a room separate from your other cats but without a door to the outside- or at least one that you can get away with not opening.

I have a cat nursing 5 babies now. She's feral so difficult to keep in so I have her in a very large dog crate. She had a litter previously but had them outdoors so I was only able to trap 3 out of 4. Since she's had this litter inside all 5 will go to homes and she will get spayed before going back outside and getting pregnant again.

Try with all your might to not let her out. I think she's close- could be a week could be a day. Once she has them she will stop trying to escape.

ZRBL

Sierra
Kitten
Purraise
Unsafe is anywhere outdoors. Can you keep her in a room separate from your other cats but without a door to the outside- or at least one that you can get away with not opening.

I have a cat nursing 5 babies now. She's feral so difficult to keep in so I have her in a very large dog crate. She had a litter previously but had them outdoors so I was only able to trap 3 out of 4. Since she's had this litter inside all 5 will go to homes and she will get spayed before going back outside and getting pregnant again.

Try with all your might to not let her out. I think she's close- could be a week could be a day. Once she has them she will stop trying to escape.
As of right now I’ve got her back in the house. She is still eating a lot. When she showed up we gave her the nickname of “starving cat” because she was always howling for more food! She has yet to use the litter box. She walked out with me for a bit earlier and sat in her favorite spot
Until I was done. She’s currently resting in a dog crate filled with blankets. I’m hoping she’s getting close. I can feel that she has pockets above her back two nipples but not any other signs/changes.

ZRBL

Sierra
Kitten
Purraise
Well thank goodness that cats usually have great instincts and can usually take care of them without our intervention at all! My mama cat had preemies and cannot take care of them properly. We have to monitor them 24-7 and also hold them or prop them up while they eat. I understand your stress lol! I think as long as they are born healthy she will do just fine and you will too. Prayers and good luck!
How are the little ones today?