I Am So Grateful For Return Policies

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought my cat would eat anything, and I was wrong.
Before we started making raw, he was eating canned Nature's Variety Instinct duck.
I've been making homemade raw with rabbit and turkey for over a year. He's always trying to eat whatever the girls have *he's not allowed* and he likes seafood *the girls hate it*. He's eaten Stella and Chewy freeze dried raw in Duck Duck Goose, and Tummy Ticklin Turkey.
I'd gotten him to eat Nature's Variety raw medallions in the past, but they got hard to come by with their formula changes, so I've bought Small Batch chicken sliders at The Big Bad Woof.
My supplier ran past my deadline on their restock, so I'm making my homemade this weekend. Two days ago I hit up BBW to get the chicken sliders, but they were out, so I grabbed duck.
Apparently this is a BFD for Tommy, because he found them unfit to consume. I tried with him twice today, even with Forti Flora, and he's like no momsth thisth is not foodsth.
I tell him I'll be back shortly, and take it back to Big Bad Woof.
"Tommy says this isn't food. Did you get the chicken ones in?"
I don't expect complimentary treatment, so I had my credit card in my pocket, but they got the chicken ones in and exchanged it for me. Crisis averted.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I make the majority of the girls’ food, but I like to rotate in some commercial raw for two of the three so I don’t have to make food so often. (The third refuses all commercial raw 99.9% of the time, but she loves Duck Duck Goose freeze-dried both dry as a treat and rehydrated.) I’ve been feeding the two cats Small Batch duck sliders, and everything has been fine. I bought some yesterday and served them this morning, and suddenly they’re saying, “We don’t really like this food. Didn’t you know that?” Lily ate almost all of it (slowly, which isn’t like her), but I had to put toppers on Mocha’s three times to get her to eat 75% of it before she backed away and left the rest. So I’ll probably be returning it and hoping my store is like yours! I also bought the SB turkey sliders which they haven’t had before. We’ll see.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I’ll probably be returning it and hoping my store is like yours! I also bought the SB turkey sliders which they haven’t had before. We’ll see.
There is a very large calorie discrepancy between doing chicken/duck to getting Small Batch turkey, or else I would have tried that over duck. To get the boys' portioning correct, I need to have roughly 50 calories per serving. I think the turkey was 30 something per slider, and that wasn't going to work.
I'm making their regular food either tomorrow or Sunday.

maureen brad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I usually make my raw cat food. I have been so lucky for a couple years that my son works at a really quality pet food store and, they give me a 50% discount as a perk for him working there.They do not carry small batch, sadly because, my cats love it.They do carry Rad Cat, Primal(frozen and freeze-dried) Stella & Chewy's etc. My cats used to like Duck - Duck -Goose. I think they changed the recipe a couple years ago, anyway, my cats all (3 ) reject it now, even with toppers.They love Primal Freeze Dried Pork, as long as it is pretty fresh, otherwise no. I give that as a treat. I bait them to let me cut their nails with it. It is my go to. I started buying some 100% raw meat dog treats too, they like them and, I figure, what the hell ! It is raw. I used to be able to feed my cats HT's rabbit and that was always gobbled up, now 1 of cats still loves it, the other 2 walk away, 1 will come back if he sees that nothing else is being given to the other 2 . I buy a lot of hearts and raw meat and organs from HT and then I grind up 3 cornish game hens and add organ meat% boneless to cut the bone content. I make about 20 lbs a month of that

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He got his regular food back and is pretty happy. He's been eating HT rabbit with Shady Brook turkey thigh for a year and a half. It's so weird that he rejected the duck Small Batch because he eats everything, except for Honest Kitchen dehydrated food. He snarfed half a cherry tomato that fell out of my sandwich on Saturday. I don't know if he's going to care about the changes to the Nature's Variety frozen medallions, but that's what we were using when we can't restock his regular meals, and the Petco Unleashed down the street stopped stocking it for cats. Big Bad Woof in town has a really good selection of raw and Small Batch was most comparable, minus all the veg NV packs it with.
It has to be convenient (I can't give my boyfriend a big variance in routine) and about 50+ calories per serving, so we get sliders instead of tubs of raw or morsels with other brands. Only the chicken and duck with Small Batch are high enough in calories... I think the turkey, beef, and rabbit are all under 40?
Tommy eats a ton of raw. He also zooms through the house going parkour, and things fly everywhere. He's eating 6.5 oz of raw and also gets a big feeding of Stella and Chewy rehydrated in the mid afternoon since we're trying to put some weight back on him.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
He got his regular food back and is pretty happy. He's been eating HT rabbit with Shady Brook turkey thigh for a year and a half. It's so weird that he rejected the duck Small Batch because he eats everything, except for Honest Kitchen dehydrated food. He snarfed half a cherry tomato that fell out of my sandwich on Saturday. I don't know if he's going to care about the changes to the Nature's Variety frozen medallions, but that's what we were using when we can't restock his regular meals, and the Petco Unleashed down the street stopped stocking it for cats. Big Bad Woof in town has a really good selection of raw and Small Batch was most comparable, minus all the veg NV packs it with.
It has to be convenient (I can't give my boyfriend a big variance in routine) and about 50+ calories per serving, so we get sliders instead of tubs of raw or morsels with other brands. Only the chicken and duck with Small Batch are high enough in calories... I think the turkey, beef, and rabbit are all under 40?
Tommy eats a ton of raw. He also zooms through the house going parkour, and things fly everywhere. He's eating 6.5 oz of raw and also gets a big feeding of Stella and Chewy rehydrated in the mid afternoon since we're trying to put some weight back on him.
I have a tomato-eating cat! We just harvested our first (very small) tomato of the season, and somehow she knew and was at my feet asking for her share. Imagine one cherry tomato cut into thirds. I should just have given her the whole thing.

Yes, the Small Batch turkey is 37. My local indy store doesn't carry the SB rabbit although I've asked them to see if their supplier can get it.