I Am Pretty Sure My Cat Gave Me A Swirlie

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Got done with some chores early today and decided to sit down in my chair and put my feet up. 2 seconds later, here comes baby girl at a happy canter, leaps in my lap, and her tail (and only her tail) is SOAKED. She talks with her tail so she's flopping it and wagging it and plastering her tail full of mystery water all over my face.

Water bowls are unharmed and at a normal level....but the toilet seat was up. :(

:censored:

Top of the food chain? ....huh.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yup, you've been swirlied, all right. :devilcat2:

Margret
Dang it, baby girl, didn't I teach you basic manners? =(
Edit: She's a tortie BTW. I can't help but think this is some weird lesson by the Torties to teach me some kind of respect.

I love this bold, outstanding cat with her "Never Say Die" attitude. When did I become such a softie?

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At least it was only toilet water. When my Starbuck was a baby she tried to climb on the to the back of the toilet. She missed and fell into the toilet while hubby was using it. He had to give her a bath in the middle of the night. I got woken up by Starbuck screaming and hubby swearing. I did get up and help him bathe her. She has never tried to jump on the toilet again while it is being used.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Wow 1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 that is hysterical but trying to not laugh...and never heard that expression before...swirly....i figured she got her tail in her cat box and shared it with you.

One morning after Bee was fo e with eating her tuna she turned around to jump off the shelf and put her tail in the bowl of tuna water...yuck! So she got a tail bath which she didn't care for but she likes baths. She likes the warm water on her...she will howl but seems to not mind the warm water...she hates the soapy part...probably makes her cold..only bathed her 2 times in her life. I put an old bathroom matt in the sink amd she clawed that happily. She definitely doesnt like the brushing afterwards...that was an interesting experience!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At least it was only toilet water. When my Starbuck was a baby she tried to climb on the to the back of the toilet. She missed and fell into the toilet while hubby was using it. He had to give her a bath in the middle of the night. I got woken up by Starbuck screaming and hubby swearing. I did get up and help him bathe her. She has never tried to jump on the toilet again while it is being used.
:flail:
It sounds like she learned a lesson there!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Both Mollipop and Tabby did that when they were kittens. In the middle of the night when I got up to use the bathroom. They were walking around on the back of the toilet and when I stood up, they fell in. And in the middle of the night, both girls received a bath in the bathroom sink. They were not amused, nor was their mother. Molli did it first and about a month or so after Tabby came to live with us, she did it, too. Tabby pretty much took her bath in stride; you could hear Mollipop screaming on Pluto.

Rick slept through the whole thing. Both times.

Geoffrey

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
When we married in in the UK in 1961, our first cat was William, a Seal Point Siamese kitten. He used to watch carefully when the toilet was used and I clearly remember seeing him urinate into it by sitting on the seat when he was about six months old. He also used his earth tray, as it was obviously more comfortable, but still sat on the toilet seat when the mood took him. I presume that he had decided that as he was a member of the family, he should be able to copy us in our activities - but interestingly never attempted to copy our female Scottie dog by squatting to urinate.

William was the only one of our many cats to use our toilet.
With best wishes,
Geoffrey

Last edited: