I am a klutz!

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last Sunday I managed to fall getting out of the shower. I hit my head on the vanity and the floor, really hard. I decided to go to the ER to get checked out since I am on blood thinners. Had a CT scan and they thought they saw something so I had to wait another 4 hours to have another one done. The area had increased in size so they diagnosed me with a “possible small subdural hematoma” and wanted to admit me. Since I have NO ONE to care for my husband if I am in the hospital, I refused and promised if I had symptoms I would come right back. I have been sleeping on the couch in the room where his hospital bed is so if something happens he can call 911. I have been referred to a neurologist and am waiting for an appointment. I have been on edge all week, worried. I feel fine though.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Oh my goodness! I hope you can get an appointment soon. I'm glad you're feeling OK, but having a doctor check you out would make you feel a lot better. Falls are terrible. :hugs:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry since I know your plate is more than full. You were wise to go straight to the ER and I will cross my fingers you can see a neurologist soon. :crossfingers::crossfingers: Please check in and keep us updated whenever it's convenient for you. 🤗

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Wow, when it rains it pours! :( I'm sorry about all this but I'm glad you got checked out at least, and I'm happy that you're at least feeling fine and aren't having any pain.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my gosh, I hope this doesn't turn out to be something serious. Couldn't they have done an MRI? When a CT scan showed something unusual when they scanned me, doctor sent me for an MRI.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my gosh, I hope this doesn't turn out to be something serious. Couldn't they have done an MRI? When a CT scan showed something unusual when they scanned me, doctor sent me for an MRI.
The little local hospital didn’t have the staff for an MRI at night. If I had agreed to be admitted I would have been transferred to the big teaching hospital in a nearby town, where I probably would have had an MRI.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The little local hospital didn’t have the staff for an MRI at night. If I had agreed to be admitted I would have been transferred to the big teaching hospital in a nearby town, where I probably would have had an MRI.
I understand. They don't often have staff for nights or weekends, even in bigger hopsitals. But it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to see if you can get one. Nothing is ever easy is it?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You are not a klutz! Accidents happen. Bless your heart. I am sure you have a major headache right now. My prayers are with you. :hugs:
Actually only right after the fall. You would think I would have a doozy of a headache, but it wasn’t as bad as some I have had.